WIZARDS OF WINTER: The Magic Of Winter

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
WIZARDS OF WINTER FEATURING ORIGINAL TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA MEMBERS PREMIER “THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS” VIDEO

"...Yahoo Music is currently hosting the exclusive premiere of the band's enchanting new music video for "The Spirit Of Christmas”.

The video was filmed at The Sherman Theater in East Stroudsburg, PA and features soaring jib and drone shots, showcasing the full power of the Wizards Of Winter on-stage holiday experience. The video is directed by Tommy Jones of Videohammer Studios.

Music director/keyboardist Scott Kelly states, "The concept of the video taking place inside a snow globe closely aligns to the live production of our holiday rock opera (see below for more information). The libretto, presented by our narrator at the concerts, asks the audience to join us aboard the Arctic Flyer as we journey inside the snow globe in search of the true meaning of Christmas."

Transport yourself a snowy wonderland here at Yahoo Music.

It is never too early for holiday music! Yuletide rock ensemble Wizards Of Winter - which features original members of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra - are streaming a brand new guitar-driven instrumental track entitled "Flight Of The Snow Angels".

Featuring an electrifying and classic progressive rock sound infused with more than enough holiday cheer for the whole family, listeners will enjoy "Flight Of The Snow Angels" and all of the timeless tracks on the band's upcoming album, The Magic Of Winter, produced by Eric Rachel at Traxeast (Symphony X, Skid Row, Styx) and releasing on November 12th. Pre-order here.

The brand new album art, illustrated by renowned artist Ioannis (Styx, Dream Theater, Deep Purple), can be seen below..."

wizardsalbumoct.jpg

Tickets for An Evening With Wizards Of Winter are on sale now and are available for purchase here.

wizardswintertouroct.jpg

Tour dates:

November
19 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Parker Playhouse
20 - Clearwater, FL - The Capitol Theatre
21 - Orlando, FL - The Plaza Live
22 – Atlanta, GA - Center Stage
27 - Wilkes Barre, PA - F.M. Kirby Center for Performing Arts
28 - Red Bank, NJ - Count Basie Theatre

December
3 - Concord, NH - Capitol Center For The Arts
4 - Collingswood, NJ - Collingswood Scottish Rite Theatre
5 - Easton, PA - The State Theater Performing Arts Center
9 - Ridgefield, CT - Ridgefield Playhouse
11 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Theatre
12 - Kalamazoo, MI - The Kalamazoo State Theatre
13 - Munhall, PA - Carnegie of Homestead Music Hall
16 - Asheville, NC - The Orange Peel
17 - Nashville, TN - Marathon Music Works
18 - Effingham, IL - Effingham Performing Arts Center
20 - Chicago, IL - Thalia Hall
26 - Albany, NY - The Egg
27 - Syracuse, NY - Crouse Hinds Theater
29 - Harrisburg, PA - The Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I recognize basically none of the members. Not a great sign for them, methinks.

And after sampling that track I'm going to say that merely calling them derivative is doing them a favor.

WIZARDS OF WINTER FEATURING ORIGINAL TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA MEMBERS - THE MAGIC OF WINTER ALBUM STREAMING IN FULL

"...Holiday-themed rock opera ensemble Wizards Of Winter reveal their brand new yuletide album, The Magic Of Winter, an entire two days before physical release. The group is launching the album just in time for their upcoming tour. Stream the entire album and read a Q&A discussing aspects of the group's live production and classic sound here...."

Ha ha..."original Trans-Siberian Orchestra members." Unless they're O'Neill, Oliva, or Kinkel (and they aren't), they're not original Trans-Siberian Orchestra members.

This has something to do with one of the original TSO singers who was fired from TSO when he was trying to make a little money on the side doing this Christmas thing. They are a poor imitation of the real thing. Pass

The only reason Earthside isn't a classic to me is that there is not enough vocals on the disc. In saying that, it's a pretty damn good disc regardless. I can't say the same about "Lizards of Winter". I won't say "awful" but I am leaning that way

Lol. I was on the cusp of a rant about reviewers when I saw that Earthside got 8.5/10 and this...thing...got the same score. I know that such a rant is totally pointless but still...I call bullshit.

I gave this band an honest shot, hoping that they'd bring the original TSO sound back from the first two albums. No dice...it just isn't the quality and quite frankly the song writing is weak.

WIZARDS OF WINTER STREAMING NEW SINGLE “A CHRISTMAS DREAM”; BEHIND-THE-SCENES STUDIO VIDEO POSTED

November
16 - Clearwater, FL - Capitol Theatre
17 - Melbourne, FL - King Center for the Performing Arts
24 - Vineland, NJ - Landis Theater
25 - Red Bank, NJ - Count Basie Theatre

December
2 - Fairmont, MN - Fairmont Opera House
3 - Mitchell, SD - Corn Palace Theatre
8 - Bremerton, WA - Admiral Theatre
9 - Longview, WA - Columbia Theatre
10 - Portland, OR - Revolution Hall
14 - Warrendale, PA - Jergels