WOLF HOFFMANN Says UDO DIRKSCHNEIDER Feels 'Bitterness' And 'Animosity' Towards ACCEP

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Hardrock Haven recently conducted an interview with guitarist Wolf Hoffmann of German/American metallers ACCEPT. You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below.Asked if former ACCEPT singer Udo Dirkschneider is involved in the making of the band's upcoming documentary, "Acceptology", Hoffmann replied: "Yeah, funnily enough, we actually invited Udo to contribute to the whole thing, but we haven't heard from him yet. I think there's a certain amount of bitterness on his part about who knows what, and a certain amount of animosity. I sometimes read comments and never react to them. Just leave it at that. All we can do is just do our thing and invite him to be friends and that's what we did. We'll leave it at that."In a September 2013 interview with BigMusicGeek.com, Udo stated about the possibility of another full-scale reunion between him and ACCEPT: "We did a reunion in '92 and did three albums together ['Objection Overruled', 'Death Row', 'Predator']. For me, the first one was a real ACCEPT album. We did the next one with only with one guitarist and for me, the sound with ACCEPT was always with two guitarists, so there was already some problems coming up. The whole atmosphere was completely gone. We did a tour and then we said, 'Okay, before we destroy the name ACCEPT, let's split up again.' Then they asked me twice after fifteen years to do another reunion and I said, 'Guys, I'm quite successful with U.D.O., and if I shut down U.D.O. again and join ACCEPT, we have to talk about a lot of things.' In the end, I said, 'Okay, if I do this and we split up again, I cannot come up for a third time with U.D.O. I have to continue under the name ACCEPT.' And I said to Wolf, 'You were stealing the name in the '80s. You get the rights on it without asking somebody, especially me.' And he said, 'No, I cannot do this.' and I said, 'Okay.' There was a lot of other points and then I said, 'Okay, guys. Sorry, but I don't want to do this. I will continue with U.D.O. I wish you all the best.' That was the whole thing with the reunion."Regarding the current lineup of ACCEPT, Udo said: "They put out a very good album in 2010 ['Blood Of The Nations'], but then again, I can imagine that after fifteen years, they would have enough time to write a good album. I wish I had fifteen years time to write songs. I expected them to do a good album and 'Blood Of The Nations' is a good album, but in my opinion, 'Stalingrad' [2012] is not as good as 'Blood Of The Nations'."He added: "The new singer [ex-TT QUICK frontman Mark Tornillo] is a really good singer, but I think he has problems when he sings all the old ACCEPT songs."Asked if he is still on "speaking terms" with Wolf, Udo replied: "No. There is not talk anymore. I don't want to start a war, but Wolf was saying a lot of bad things about me and I don't understand why he did that. Then, later on, when they would come up to people who didn't know what they had said before, they changed completely. They'd say, '[Udo's current band] U.D.O. is great. Udo is such a nice guy.' So I said, 'Never ever talk to me again.' I don't care. I am happy and they seem to be happy, so what can I say?"Interview (audio):

More...