Woohoo!! New Official Maiden Website Design...

Khan71

Aug 5, 2006
I just recently created over 100 banners from Maiden's different official artworks, and today the new site design went live (still under some construction), with my banners at the top of all the pages. Everytime you click a link, or refresh, it shows a different banner.

I had a lot of fun trying to fit as much of these artworks into the long banners, as I could...and some of them were a hell of a challenge, and most required me to paint parts in gaps, and such.

I just wanted to share with my friends here, cause I'm sure you can all understand how exciting it is to be such a huge fan, and to be a small part of the machine that is the greatest band in the world!

o_O :Smokin: o_O

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!! I particularly like the Purgatory one!!! I'm wearing the shirt right now - one of my favourite Eddies!

Thanks Cat! :)

I have a few favorites...the one where Eddie is looking into the Crystal ball, with the candles on either side (was an easy one to do, but looks so cool!), the mummy one with all the lightning (added a bunch of lightning...heh), the Powerslave era one with the Sphinx on either side, and the Stranger In A Strange Land one (left side of that one was a REAL challenge...lol).

Thanks everyone! Now if I can only get teh Admin to put the other 47 banners up, that I did. So far, only 54 of them have shown up.

I just recently created over 100 banners from Maiden's different official artworks...
o_O :Smokin: o_O

Awesome Khan! I clicked on the 'refresh' several times to see the many different banners. Can't say I saw all 100 of them, but I did like the one that has a female maiden in it. Where was that one from? Reminded me of The Iron Maidens!

PS., how'd you get selected to do that??

Awesome Khan! I clicked on the 'refresh' several times to see the many different banners. Can't say I saw all 100 of them, but I did like the one that has a female maiden in it. Where was that one from? Reminded me of The Iron Maidens!

PS., how'd you get selected to do that??

Female Eddie? I'm confused...lol...can you describe it a little? Design? Colors?

How was I selected? I'm an admin/mod on the official Maiden forums, and they know I do a lot of artwork. I didn't like the banner they had up on the old site, and so I made a better one up and sent it to our main Admin/Webmaster....who liked it and told me we were going to have rotating banners from all eras on the new site design. a little over a week later, and about 60 or so hours of work put in...and up they went!

Grrr.....still only 54 of them showing....there's so many more one to see...like my all-time favorite artwork...Live After Death!