Wordle (and variants) Thread

Nov 23, 2002
been meaning to post this for ages, may as well do it on a day i got all my daily variants right.

please put spoilery discussion in spoiler tags and be mindful that these games are generally linked to local timezones, so e.g. aussies will get the new day’s games much sooner than americans.

Wordle 303 3/6
⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛

#Worldle #87 1/6 (100%)
https://worldle.teuteuf.fr

#Heardle #52
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬜
https://heardle.app

Framed #38
⬛ ⬛
https://framed.wtf

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
lol maybe they don’t paste right here, they aren’t showing up for me. oh well, for the record i got wordle in 3, worldle in 1, heardle in 5 and framed in 4.

Just hit 40 on Lewdle, haven't lost it once since it started recording stats:

lewdle 40.png

Also been playing Dordle and Quordle but occasionally fail on those ones.

I quit Semantle after 4 days, lol. I had to cheat with a thesaurus the first day because it was bedtime. Then I got one in 97 guesses and thought maybe it wasn't so bad, but the next two took me over 400 guesses each, just throwing all kinds of words at it.

Wordle 304 6/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛
⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛

hardest wordle ever today i think. i know three other people who’ve done it so far, one got 6 and the other two failed.

I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to read these black boxes. But anyway, I just barely made it today.

Could've had a better strategy I suppose, and spent more time ruling out letters before trying to guess the word.

firefox_RnasxdzyLz.png

I must've had a bit of dumb luck to get it in 4. I played all the past words in Wordle Archive when that was a thing and found #131 the hardest at the time - almost failed a 2nd time on that one when I went back over my failures later! Here's a link for the same word to see how you go now.

I'm liking Octordle - thank fuck it has a widescreen mode.

I must've had a bit of dumb luck to get it in 4. I played all the past words in Wordle Archive when that was a thing and found #131 the hardest at the time - almost failed a 2nd time on that one when I went back over my failures later! Here's a link for the same word to see how you go now.

I got it in 5, although I think that knowing in advance that a word is difficult is a very useful hint.

firefox_2Unqv9kQeI.png

I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to read these black boxes. But anyway, I just barely made it today.

Could've had a better strategy I suppose, and spent more time ruling out letters before trying to guess the word.

that isn’t how it’s supposed to paste so idk why i bothered.

straight away i see you still had ‘boxer’ on the table there. i personally did an unrelated word to rule out letters on guess 5, i’d probably have lost my streak otherwise.

got bloopy’s one in 4 but yeah, helps knowing it was hard.

Last edited:
that isn’t how it’s supposed to paste so idk why i bothered.

straight away i see you still had ‘boxer’ on the table there. i personally did an unrelated word to rule out letters on guess 5, i’d probably have lost my streak otherwise.

Yeah I really should've started doing unrelated guesses once I had _o_er in place, too many possibilities there to guess them one by one. I only started playing this game last week so I wasn't expecting a word to actually be difficult.

Yeah I really should've started doing unrelated guesses once I had _o_er in place, too many possibilities there to guess them one by one. I only started playing this game last week so I wasn't expecting a word to actually be difficult.

hard mode prevents you doing this. once i hit my 100 streak i might start playing hard mode only for a challenge.

it’s substantially harder for certain words, today’s being a perfect example. guessing a word made of 5 unused letters on guess 5 is sometimes the only way to narrow your final guess to one option. this is the fourth time i’ve had to do that i think, otherwise getting the last guess would just be luck (see pompey picking
foyer over boxer
).

that said, i do tend to fuck around a bit and not just use the optimal opening words over and over like ‘tears’ or ‘adieu’ etc, if i do the latter i’m sure i’ll avoid these situations more often. ‘tis a bit boring though.

Oh I like this game. It's an interesting game. But a teaser. So many choices. Sometimes you just dont have another choice but to use https://word-finder.com/. At this moment the word “crank” was the answer and then it changes after a while to a new word.

Last edited:
The communal part of an office building or hotel. Like lobby. Not sure if there is a difference between UK/US/AU. It's a common word for us.

Not on topic but my avatar is Max Ernst's painting L'ange du Foyer. That usually gets translated to english as The Fireside Angel.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity