Worst and most pointless Signature Guitars/Basses/Drums/etc

7 Dying Trees

Bastard Albino Elf
Apr 18, 2002
The woodland fern
www.nemecyst.net
So what do you reckno have been some of the most pointless signature instruments? By this I mean:

->Unusable gadgets
->Features that are a bit lame really, or total lack of features
->Shoddy workmanship
->The "why the fuck have they got an endorsement" factor...
-> The "Why" overall factor

What have been models that were complete shite in your eyes? For example, I never quite understood the Meegs (Coal Chamber) BCRich guitar...

Let the slagging of begin!!!!!!!!!!:D

The Steve Vai Ibanes JEMS... Take a cheap RG, cut a hole in it, and sell it for 3x the price... What a friggin rippoff...
The Yngwie strat... yeah, that's just like his. :p

*sheepish look* ... I quite like Jems *sheepish look*

:lol:

No, I own one, it is different from an RG, but mainly just the neck profile more than anything else and better pickups :) , any case, this is just me:) and you do pay for the finish...

The slipknot BCRich looks pretty useless, especially with the HATE on it, the other one isn't too bad but still:)

De Tom Delonge strat, like that is innovative. A strat with a single humbucker. like wow. :lol:

Originally posted by xenophobe
The Steve Vai Ibanes JEMS... Take a cheap RG, cut a hole in it, and sell it for 3x the price... What a friggin rippoff...
The Yngwie strat... yeah, that's just like his. :p

but the Jems are made of Basswood, it's more articolate than RG... I have anr RG550LTD with EMG 81, and it's TOOOO POWERFULL....

The Jems are more mid oriented, and more solos oriented...

I think the overrated guitar are the ESP..i have an ESP KH3, a VERY VERY GOOD GUITAR but it's made of basswood and have a Bolt On neck....in the ESP Catalog only for Japan the ESP KH3 is made of Maogany and it's have a Neck Troug neck...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'd have to say that guy out of Papa Roach's guitar. I actually played one and they are shite. Shite for about £500 as well!! :eek:

Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees
*sheepish look* ... I quite like Jems *sheepish look*

:lol:

No, I own one, it is different from an RG, but mainly just the neck profile more than anything else and better pickups :) , any case, this is just me:) and you do pay for the finish...

The slipknot BCRich looks pretty useless, especially with the HATE on it, the other one isn't too bad but still:)

De Tom Delonge strat, like that is innovative. A strat with a single humbucker. like wow. :lol:

Well, I never said the JEMs were horrible, they play nice and sound good, just the price is incredibly steep... Who the hell needs a "monkey grip" anyways? :lol:

Yeah, the Mick BC Rich is kinda lame, but I love BC Rich USA stuff.

The Tom Delonge strat... I love those things... I think Tom Delonge is a fool, who wouldn't ever deserve a sig model from talent or greatness, just because his band is popular... what a load of crock.

Actually they're GREAT guitars. The MEXI-Strats of RIGHT NOW, are more consistent and, IMO, a much better guitar than a USA Fender Strat... just my opinion after playing a good dozen USAs and a few of the latest Mexi-strats....

Originally posted by Ishtar
but the Jems are made of Basswood, it's more articolate than RG... I have anr RG550LTD with EMG 81, and it's TOOOO POWERFULL....

Well I happen to like bASSwood... A lot of people don't, but I do. Still the JEM is way overpriced for what you're actually getting.

bASSwood is cheaper, softer and easier to mill than most other woods, which makes it a cheap. It also is very heavy but dings easily.

I'd much rather have a maple/poplar, mahogany, Koa or korina body than asswood any day of the week.

For the price you're paying for a JEM, or a DNA Jem, you should be getting some kind of rare and expensive tonewood, but no, you're getting one of the cheapest body woods they can get...