worst releases you own by bands you like.....

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
What are some albums you own but have just for completist sake....they can be by bands that changed thier sound or older bands who tried to update thier sound and failed big time.....

for me....

Highway Chile - Keeper of the Earth

Cloven Hoof - Eye of the Storm ( it has one good song but sounds nothing like CH material.)

Chariot - Behind the Wire

Chariot - In the Blood ( I picked this self released new CD because buzz was good and a return to form.....it wasnt. )

Witchfinder General - Resurrected

Voivod - Phobos

Hallows Eve - The Neverending Sleep

Elvenking - Red Silent Tides ( this one hurt because they were my favorite band for so long. This put the final nail in thier coffin for me.)

anyone else...........

Good topic. Offhand I'd say:

Helloween: Chameleon - don't even pretend this album does anything but suck. It made Pink Bubbles Go Ape look brilliant by comparison.
Queensryche: Hear in the Now Frontier - I wouldn't have bothered but it was the last of their reissue series and I had all the others.
Pink Cream 69: Change/Food for Thought - totally forgettable grunges album in the middle of two killer melodic hard rock runs.
I'll second that Elvenking release. Total letdown.
Iron Maiden: Final Frontier and the one before it, which was so forgettable I can't even remember the name. The one with the tank and zero awesome songs.
Saxon: Destiny - A weak attempt by a metal band to go AOR. Can't skip it though, or the big Saxon logo from lining up all the reissues will be incomplete.
Savatage: Fight for Rock - Even Jon Oliva knows this one sucked.
Social Distortion: Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes - Social D trying to sound like Tom Petty. Spare me.

Gamma Ray - Sigh No More. That's the only one. For every other band, if I don't like the album I dump it.

How did you guys last so long with Elvenking? "The Scythe" was disgusting.

Yeah, like Dave, most of my crap I try to get rid of....
Here's a few I keep because I want to have most everything by the band....

HELLOWEEN - CHAMELEON (Needs no explanation)
HELLOWEEN - KEEPERS III - THE LEGACY (Don't get me started, that will need its own thread)
ICED EARTH - FRAMING ARMAGEDDON (lots of filler, very little killer)
ICED EARTH - THE CRUCIBLE OF MAN (see above)
IRON MAIDEN - X FACTOR (If it wasn't for the song THE CLANSMAN, this would be gone)
JUDAS PRIEST - NOSTRADAMUS (Not the worst album, but didn't need to be 2 CDs)
KATATONIA - NIGHT IS THE NEW DAY (Don't know why but this one just never clicked with me, and I like thier modern sound)
METALLICA - ST ANGER (Yep, still in the collection, never even bothered trying to sell or trade it)
NOVEMBERS DOOM - APHOTIC (hurts to say it, but just didn't live up to the amazing progression of the previous releases)
OMEN - REOPENING THE GATES (Kenny was listening to too many bands who have members with the same haircut as he does)

I think you should clarify what you mean by "for completist sake"
Do you mean as a completist of the band, or just "Eh, its still a metal CD and I like the band so I will keep it", even if you aren't a collector of said band?

I only listed bands of whom I consider myself a collector of, to some degree.

I think you should clarify what you mean by "for completist sake"
Do you mean as a completist of the band, or just "Eh, its still a metal CD and I like the band so I will keep it", even if you aren't a collector of said band?

I only listed bands of whom I consider myself a collector of, to some degree.

no in the term of "need all releases by the band no matter how bad".

Funny...you used to defend Nostrodamus by Priest all the time.

no in the term of "need all releases by the band no matter how bad".

Funny...you used to defend Nostrodamus by Priest all the time.

I clarified the Priest if you read my description.
It's got MANY solid tracks which are buried in a lot of filler due to the length.
That should never have been a double album.

I clarified the Priest if you read my description.
It's got MANY solid tracks which are buried in a lot of filler due to the length.
That should never have been a double album.

Bingo. There are some great songs on that one, and I have to give them credit for not just writing Painkiller Part 3 (Angel of Retribution was obviously part 2) to please the fans.

Then again, I love Turbo and Ram It Down, so what do I know?

Helloween - Chameleon (I don't like Pink Bubbles either, but it's listenable. Chameleon is not.)
Gamma Ray - Sigh No More (Still can't believe this came from Kai)
Judas Priest - Turbo (Sorry Justin, but this album sucks. Priest is my favorite band but outside of one or two songs, it's avoidable. I do think Ram it Down is underrated though.)
Iron Maiden - No Prayer for the Dying (Outside of "Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter" this one is terrible)
Edguy - TinnitusWHATEVERTHEFUCKIT'SCALLED- Worst Edguy album ever. I know people bitch about Rocket Ride, but I love that album, outside of one or two songs. It's different Edguy but it's still good. This one made me want to vomit.
Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstacy ("Dirty Women" is the only listenable song on this album, and overall this sounds like a completely different band. I do still own it for completist sake though. Never Say Die isn't much better, but it is still better.
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity (They're still one of my favorite bands, but this was a misstep.)
Saxon - A lot of the late 80s/early-mid 90s stuff (Sorta what Justin said about Destiny, they did with even more albums. I'm glad by the time I got into them, they made a comeback to what should be Saxon.)
Savatage - Fight for the Rock (I got this at Progpower one year, because I didn't know any better. I saw a cheap Savatage CD and at the time since I didn't have much Savatage, I figured it was good. Nope. PIECE. OF. SHIT!)
Iced Earth - Crucible of Man (Boring. I actually sorta like Framing Armageddon. It does have filler, but there are still some solid songs on it. Crucible doesn't.)
Nightwish - Imaginarium (I loved DPP, but I do not get the fanfare with this album. Not a single song on here is memorable to me.)

Iron Maiden: Final Frontier and the one before it, which was so forgettable I can't even remember the name. The one with the tank and zero awesome songs.

I liked this album quite a bit, and I liked "A Matter of Life and Death" even more. Actually, I like most modern Maiden with the exception of "Dance of Death" which is a total piece of shit. That said, I can't blame anyone for not liking the stuff since the reunion as it is quite different.