Would please explain to me something.

Should I commit suicide for not even typing the Thread title right?

• Yes

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
Thraxz said:
I sincerly hope you arn't trying to say that Gorguts' writing has better songwriting than pretty much any Symphony X.

Well, I guess how well a song is written could be subjective. I do think at times Gorguts' writing is indeed better than Symphony X though I doubt it'd be possible for Luc Lemay to compose a 20 minute epic like Michael Romeo does, whilst still sticking to the 'Gorguts' style. It'd be interesting if he did though, he does have a degree in musical composition but that's another story.

I know for a fact that Symphony X's is far more complex and far more varied than Suffocation's. You can tell by just listening to a song like Wicked from SX and say... since I used it already Suffocation's Infecting the Crypts. I will admit the rythm guitar for SX isn't the most difficult complex thing in the world but then again... neither is virtually any metal band. Lots of power chords usually minor variations. Where SX stands out is the lead. I dare someone to come up with a brutal death lead that compares with anything SX has done.

Hmmm, I own 3 Symphony X releases and 3 Suffocation releases and I see a pattern in Symphony X songs(excluding the 20 minute epics again) with a very repetitive structure(verse chorus verse chorus) or maybe that's just me. And I see more variation in alot of death metal. I agree with you though, that the lead guitar work in Symphony X is incomparable.

You dislike things that are technical for long periods, I'm perfectly okay with that. You are not the kind of person I'm really aiming this thread at. I'm aiming it at all the fakers that delude themselves into thinking that brutal death and only brutal death is worthy of their cd players and relentlessly bash anything else with pathetic comments. Perfect example, "That's so gay! If it were a personal trainer it'd be Richard Simmons!"" (Slight exaggeration there but you understand the type of attitude I'm suggesting.)

Fanboys are asses aren't they. :loco:

I don't necessarily hate brutal death I just think it's about a ten times overrated.........How else can I explain Bathory kicking ass in every album? That's not terribly hard shit to play but its just plain badass. I don't know how Quorthon put together simples riffs like he did and still manage to make it original and great all at the same time.

Agreed.

Oh yeah, I'll gladly take a look at those bands everyone mentioned. I'm not such a dick as to make a thread like this and not go check them out.

Check out Atheist and Cynic while you're at it. Technical, interesting but not entirely brutal.