Would Voivod work at a PP?

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

Halcyon Way Sufferer
Jan 7, 2002
Just got Worlds Away: The Art of Voivod & Michel Langevin by Martin Popoff in the mail today! Plenty pleased and will be making a *reading* playlist soon.

Anyway, I was lucky to finally see Voivod last year but sadly will be missing them this year (Heaven and Hell in Vancouver). But... would Voivod work at a PP? What do you think? Too heavy/thrashy? I'd love to see it happen!

I dunno. I don't see early Voivod going over that well (War and Pain, Rrröööaaarrr). Kinda the anti Riverside etc. But music from Nothingface, Angel Rat and The Outer Limits would probably keep the Atlanta crowd warm.

The book is amazing!

Anyone who would think that VoiVod wouldn't fit a festival featuring progressive music has never actually listened to VoiVod.

Just got Worlds Away: The Art of Voivod & Michel Langevin by Martin Popoff in the mail today! Plenty pleased and will be making a *reading* playlist soon.

Anyway, I was lucky to finally see Voivod last year but sadly will be missing them this year (Heaven and Hell in Vancouver). But... would Voivod work at a PP? What do you think? Too heavy/thrashy? I'd love to see it happen!

Nothing could be too heavy/thrashy after seeing Mercenary there.:headbang:

I'm not sure where I sit with the recently put out album. But I'd love to see them at a future ProgPower, even without Piggy.

Yes but the band is still active (Down tour starts next week) and there has been talk to continuing on without Piggy. Would it work? Maybe if they find someone with the same level of creativity and talent. I hope they carry on (no pun etc).

Think the call for this is "much too late to bother" with Piggy deceased :(

Definite "Yes" vote for Voivod at ProgPower! Saw them a few times back in the day, and just saw them at Sweden Rock in June. They were excellent! The new guitarist Dan (from a Canadian band called Martyr, I believe) NAILED Piggy's parts and the band sounded great. They dedicated the last song (their cover of Pink Floyd's "Astronomy Domine") to "our fallen comrade...Piggy".

Another big thumb's up for that beautiful hardcover book "Worlds Away" - well worth the $$$.

Pat

I disagree. Voivod could continue if they start fresh and leave Piggy's last riffs for the upcoming solo album. Which is why Infini suffers as they boxed their creativity by strictly adhering to what Piggy left.

Now, I don't care much for Devin Townsend but a collaboration may provide interesting results.

No Piggy, no Voivod, imo. But I'm most definitely a fan of them.