Wow...best Metallica tour lineup in over a decade!!

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Gojira just got added to their upcoming N. American tour.

Lineup:

Metallica
Lamb of God
Gojira
Volbeat

Damn...I can't even remember a better lineup Metallica has had over here. Probably when they toured with Queensryche & Suicidal Tendencies for And Justice...

Shit...I may even consider going to this. Then again, I haven't seen Metallica live since the black album & I'd hate to tarnish my memories. :lol:

I saw them when they were the support band for Ozzy (back in '86) before Cliff (one of the best bassists ever!!) died.....and they blew me away! Then on the "Monsters of Rock" tour with Jason.....and numerous times for their "And Justice For All" tour.....I think I'm Metallica'd out......I'm hearing ya Rob, I think I saw them when they were at their best and I don't want to taint those memories either

Beavis_and_Butt-head.jpg

huh-huh-huhhuh... you said "taint"

^^ :lol:

I fall into the group of folks who have never seen Metallica live. I missed the boat because of circumstances beyond my control when they were in their prime. When I say prime, I mean when they didn't SUCK! I know there's different opinions on that. Anyway, I decided a long time ago that I basically would refuse to see them in concert. That said, it's almost a shame to me that the rest of the line up is ace. I just can't justify being at a show for three hours having a kick ass time with the "openers" just to be served a big steaming pile of disappointment at the end. It would be like spending an afternoon preparing a multi-layer decadent cake, nibbling on the ingredients along the way to savor every morsel, and then in the process of taking that cake out of the oven, not being able to wait to slice into it...the whole pan falls to the floor in a big warm mess. Yeah. :Smug:

I just can't justify being at a show for three hours having a kick ass time with the "openers" just to be served a big steaming pile of disappointment at the end.

I've seen Metallica a couple of times, the production is something not too many bands put together especially nowadays. If you ever see them I don't think you'd be dissapointed. I mean I'm not saying you HAVE to see them but last time I did there was more explosions and pyro than the 4th of July.
Pretty entertaining.

I've seen Metallica a couple of times, the production is something not too many bands put together especially nowadays. If you ever see them I don't think you'd be dissapointed. I mean I'm not saying you HAVE to see them but last time I did there was more explosions and pyro than the 4th of July.
Pretty entertaining.

Hmmm.....not sure I agree with ya. Back in the day (showing my age now:erk:) I saw them at Poplar Creek (medium sized venue....great sound! It's gone now :() and when they played Creeping Death....well, there's this part where they yell "DIE....DIE...DIE", you get my drift ;) during this part of the song, they turned up the lights, and it was absolutely AMAZING!! Everyone was pounding their fists, banging their heads, and screaming DIE...DIE...DIE!! It was one of those moments....when you look up and see a sea of hair and fists all pounding in unison.....:headbang::kickass:. There were no pyrotechnics, no fancy stage show....just a couple of guys on stage playing some kick a$$ metal, and the crowd just totally going wild! To me....that's a great show....it was one of those concert moments I'll never forget. One of my favorite shows I've ever been to.
So....what I'm getting at is that I don't think no matter what the showw looks like....the music and the vibe HAVE to be there to make it a kick a$$ show for me, and I don't think Metallica has it in them anymore to be able to bring me back there.....sorry :(

There were no pyrotechnics, no fancy stage show....just a couple of guys on stage playing some kick a$$ metal, and the crowd just totally going wild! To me....that's a great show....it was one of those concert moments I'll never forget. One of my favorite shows I've ever been to.

Sounds like a good time, all I was saying is tha they still put on a good production and a good show.

IMO Metallica gets waaaayyy more crap than what holds true.

Sounds like a good time, all I was saying is tha they still put on a good production and a good show.

IMO Metallica gets waaaayyy more crap than what holds true.

No doubt.....no doubt, I'm sure the show is great, I watched the concert they had on MTV not too long ago, it was a great visual show. So I have nothing against the production part.....I just wish they could go back to the way they were :( I guess I'll always be an "old school" Metallca fan. :headbang:
No crap given....forgive me Jose Jalapeno on a steeeeeek :lol:;)

Pretty entertaining.

I can always appreciate a good pyro show, but I don't think the best production in the world can fix the fact that James just can't hack it anymore. That would piss me off. Also, if I heard ANYTHING past the Black album (with the exception of "Hero Of The Day") I'd be throwing my beer cup too. That shows my snobbery, but ahh well. I could go see this tour just out of morbid curiosity. Stranger things have happened.

Also, if I heard ANYTHING past the Black album (with the exception of "Hero Of The Day") I'd be throwing my beer cup too.

Believe it or not, Load is one of my favorite Metallica albums. It takes you back to those 70s rock bands and the lyrics are some deep shit.

Believe it or not, Load is one of my favorite Metallica albums. It takes you back to those 70s rock bands and the lyrics are some deep shit.

Listening to "Load" is like having a syringe full of gelatinous spermatazoa shoved into your aural cavity.

I do agree about a production making a show, even though the musical quality is lacking. For example (don't kill me Jose), Iron Maiden on the Flight 666 tour. I seriously think Janick absolutely fucks up every song with his sloppy bullshit playing, and yet, I'm mesmerized by the video. Its a paradox, but eh. I think I'd enjoy seeing Metallica play their old stuff, even if it doesn't have that early vibe or tightness.

Metallica has been very good about changing up their setlists since they started the Live Metallica thing.

Here's what they just played in France, which was recorded for a future DVD release:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123487

01. Blackened
02. For Whom The Bell Tolls
03. Holier than Thou
04. Leper Messiah
05. Fade To Black

06. Broken, Beat And Scarred
07. Cyanide
08. Sad But True
09. One

10. All Nightmare Long
11. The Day That Never Comes
12. Master Of Puppets
13. Fight fire With Fire
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman

- - - - - - - -
16. Die, Die My Darling
17. Whiplash
18. Seek and Destroy

I bold-texted the songs that were from 1991 and earlier. :) The setlist is pretty similar to what I've seen since they've been touring on Death Magnetic.

Listening to "Load" is like having a syringe full of gelatinous spermatazoa shoved into your aural cavity.

I do agree about a production making a show, even though the musical quality is lacking. For example (don't kill me Jose), Iron Maiden on the Flight 666 tour. I seriously think Janick absolutely fucks up every song with his sloppy bullshit playing, and yet, I'm mesmerized by the video. Its a paradox, but eh. I think I'd enjoy seeing Metallica play their old stuff, even if it doesn't have that early vibe or tightness.

Ouch! Punch me in the face while you're at it! :mad:

It amazes me that after 19 yrs of being in the band people still bitch about Janick.

Haha, sorry Jose! If it makes ya feel any better, Fear of the Dark (with Janick's contribution) is my third favorite Maiden album after Seventh Son, and Powerslave. He's a controversial dude, but, he's just a goof ball. I wish he'd just contribute his songwriting (which I think is great) and leave the playing to Murray, Smith.

Rycher, that set list sounds awesome. I'd even enjoy that from a cover band, I'm sure Metallica playing that would be highly entertaining.

Haha, sorry Jose! If it makes ya feel any better, Fear of the Dark (with Janick's contribution) is my third favorite Maiden album after Seventh Son, and Powerslave.

Really?
You preffer Fear Of The Dark over Piece of Mind, The Number Of The Beast and Killers? :zombie:

Really?
You preffer Fear Of The Dark over Piece of Mind, The Number Of The Beast and Killers? :zombie:

Hell yeah. The first two songs blow so hard that I almost gave up on the album. But Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Judas, Fear of the Dark, Wasted Love, Fugitive are just epic. The production was clearer and bigger than ever. Dave Murray was shredding like he was on crack. And that arpeggio at the end of the solo in Fear of the Dark before the sing-along part gives me chills to this day. And I was a 14 when it came out, pretty much everything that I listened to right around '90-94 sticks to my brain like flies on shit. Passion and Warfare, Fear of the Dark, Images and Words, etc...

Gojira just got added to their upcoming N. American tour.

Lineup:

Metallica
Lamb of God
Gojira
Volbeat

Damn...I can't even remember a better lineup Metallica has had over here. Probably when they toured with Queensryche & Suicidal Tendencies for And Justice...

Shit...I may even consider going to this. Then again, I haven't seen Metallica live since the black album & I'd hate to tarnish my memories. :lol:

Dude, saw Metallica at the Joe Louis Arena in January and an absolutely killer show. They played a real nice selection from thier 1st 4 CD's and a few surprises and stuff from the new CD obvioulsy. Band was spot on solid and heavy as hell. Father Time has not hurt these guys:headbang: