WOW just tried the LeCto!

Thanks man! All the riffs were made up on the spot as the name suggests :lol:

The LeCto is running in modern mode if I recall correctly.

I am running Onquel's 808 in front of it with Catharsis 2offpreshigh impulse.

Appreciate it man, its the first time my master hasn't completely ruined my mix. I'm really happy with how its turning out so far.

I like the guitar tone, would love to it hear it with bass. I have to agree with the cymbal comment above, and feel like the snare is getting lost a little. Since this post is about the guitar tone though, great work!

Yeah those cymbals are slate... what would be the best way to fix them? In the mastering stage?

I agree with the snare getting lost in parts as well, will definitely try and fix that when I do the final mix with bass and vocals.

This may be sacrilegious, but I don't have Slate drums, so I'm not sure what choices you have for cymbals. They sound like the level could come down a bit and sound a little too bright. At least until the lead guitar comes in anyway. I would try to fix it in the mixing stage though, definitely not during mastering.

YOU DONT HAVE SLATE!!! :zombie::confused::confused: HAHA just kidding man.

Yeah after reading this I listened to it again and it didn't seem like the mastering compression altered the sound of the cymbals much, but they were a bit too loud. I think I will bring them down which will allow for the snare to come out a bit more as well.

After I posted that last night I started looking at SSD EX. Are Kick 10 and Snare 5 in the EX version or the Metal & More Expansion? I think I'm going to break down and get Slate.

Back on topic, I'd like to hear your mix when it is finished.