wow they played blackened and the new one!!!

estigma2001

Apr 13, 2002
Lima Peru
www.geocities.com
the mtv icon report take it form de tallica forum
MTV ICON Report
Sum 41 started it all off with a medley of
Bellz
Sandman (instrumental)
Puppets
Metalla made their entrance during sandman.

Lisa Marie Presley then introduced the first movie clip
Movie

Beavis and Butthead made an appearance, commenting on a live version of For Whom The Bell Tollds (live shit)
Beavis- "God damn it Lars, sit down and play the drums like your supposed to!!!"

The two dudes from Staind then came on and tried an accoustic version of NEM. They fucked it up pretty bad. Off key and just pretty lame.

Another movie about Jaymz problems, drinking and what led to rehab.

Shannon Elizebeth then introduced Avril Leveign.
Fuel was slowed down from what metallica does. The drrmmer and guitarist were fairly good. Avril wasn't horrible, coulda been a lot worse but all in alll it was just weird.

Snoop Dog then took the stage and rapped Sad But True
one word, Bizzarre!
Got a good laugh outta that one.

Rob Zombie and Jolene Blalock (star trek chick) then came on and gave a pretty nice speach

Movie-look back at the beginning. Real quick over Mustain, didn't say much about him at all.

A Linkin Park dude and Blink 182 dude came on to introduce Korn
Korn did One
SLowed down from the tallica version again. I didn't care for the bass work on it. I thought Jonathan did a real good job on the chorus of One and got a real Het sound to his voice. For time they cut down One a lot. Only about a minute and a half-two minutes long

Movie
Michelle Branch did some yacking

Jim Bruer came on and did a metal version of "IF youre happy and you know it..."

There was then a fan moment where 30 MetClubbers got to say 1 word about Metallica. I was picked by the club/mtv to be one of 'em. I'm the big dude with the ninja star hat and the justice shirt.

Limp Bizkit then did Sanitarium
I got to hear their rehearsal of it and the one they did for ICON was terrible in comparison. Durste goes into a long drawn out "leave me alone! leave me alone! leave me alone!" thing.It was limp bizkit doing metallica, eh, overall worst cover of the night in my humble opinion.

Movie

Sean Penn introduced Metallica

Met hit the stage with a medley
Hit The Lights
Sandman
halfway through the sandman verse something went wrong, Lars broke something? They started over

Hit the Lights
Sandman
Blackend
Creeping Death
Battery

Hit the Lights sounded great. Blackend was very fucking fast. Rob sounded great on bass.

Then, the moment everyone was waiting for
Frantic
off the new album St Anger
Very very heavy, lots of dynamics and tempo changes. Kick ass song.
frantic tic tic tic tic tic toc
great riffage, very fast and heavy

Jaymz said "were gunna do that again and ebtter for yall"
and we got it twice.

And that's a rap

Possible spoiler of a surprise, don't read if you want to be surprised

All and all it was a great time. Rob was fuckin full of energy and spirit. There is no drop off in energy from Jason to ROb, from what I saw tonight I think Rob might be even more active. That dude gets down when he's playing.
The band just looked really happy and healthy tonight. The vibe comming from them was just incredible.
Overall, great show and I'm looking foreward to it on Tuesday Night
----------------------
The first movie has Jason Newsted talking about why he left hte band. It's the first really in depth discussion i've heard about the breakup and really showed some light on the subject.
In the final movie Jason says some really nice stuff about the boys

that sounds awesome...
must have been a great laugh :D
so does anyone know if and when it'll be shown on tv in the UK?
will it just be on mtv at the same time over here?
also will it be on video or anything like that?

They should have brought other bands to play those songs, from what it seems the covers are lame as hell. I can't wait to see the Metallica performance, though :headbang: