www.winds.nu

imaginary

Jun 28, 2001
Visit site
Hi people. I just got to hear a sneak peak of one of the tracks of the new and upcoming Winds album today, and I was totally stunned and amazed. I never heard anything like it, ever. This is unbelievably good. Much more intricate than the first EP, on an entirely different level.

Those who haven't heard of Winds, it is the new band of Hellhammer (Mayhem & The Kovenant) and Carl August Tidemann (ex. Arcturus).

But just to avoid confusion this is NOT black metal, and far from it. It's a merging of metal and classical music with extreemely great sound and musical skill. It is a must for ALL Opeth fans like myself, and everyone who likes their metal to be intense yet beautiful.

They have a website where you can find info about the band:

www.winds.nu

Has anyone else heard this great new band yet?
Or at least heard about it?

SHUTUP ABOUT THE FUCKING SIMPSON"S!!!!! AAAGGGHHHH!!!!!! :rolleyes: :heh: :mad:

Anyways, Winds is a beautiful group, though I have only heard a minute of their music of the end records. The singer sounds kind of like the singer to Incubus I believe, though I don't really like Incubus.

Basically from my own opinion the greatest resemblances to Arcturus are in the guitar work, but also in the feel of the music. Although the vocals are clearer (and much more in tune) than some of the Arcturus things. The drumming can also have some resemblances because of Hellhammer's style but other than that it is somewhat different. But I originally bought this because I am a HUGE fan of Arcturus and I thought it sounded interesting, only to get to know I would actually like it even more.

Funny how it goes!!