Wyvern made me do it!!

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
ok so I recorded an instrumental version of Neil Young's Rockin in the Free world the other day and I sent it to Wyvern and he promised to inflict bodily harm on me if I didnt post it here, so if you all hate it its his fault!! :erk: :p
No Vocals and No Solos neither of which I am to good at, just Rythem Guitars(6 in total with various effects) Bass and Drums, enjoy!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_3471550

yeah, it's good ! I like the rough guitar sound, as it's supposed to be with this song! I'm curious how it will sound with the solo...
No singers around for the vocals ?? :)

ok so I made the mp3 available for download so it will be easier to work with, if the .wav file is needed I can make that available too, take your time Henri!! I look forward to hearing it!! UMOS band what an Idea why the hell didnt we think of this years ago?!? so far seems we have a Guitar Player, Bass Player, and Singer on board To freakin cool!!!

The fun thing is about everybody could join, if we just have a guy that can cut and paste stuff...Like I think I can play a little piece of the smoke on the water riff :p

I'd love to contribute some backing vocals too (I often create new harmonies when I sing along to the Young version, though I am very curious to hear Hawk sing). Wish I had a better vocal mic, but I guess a Shure SM57 with a windscreen will do.

AWSOME! I told JD to put the thread here since I liked the version a lot. But now seeing all the possitive feedback and energy, plus the possibility of Brandon doing some guitar work and vocals and everything else including the kitchen sink is beyond my wildest expectations.

I agree with Hawk, this is what Internet is for :kickass:

People of UMOS, you rock :headbang:

Well, I started out just jamming to the tune and figured "what the hell" and ended up tracking a complete solo. I had to add an extra four bars to the one of the verses because having the solo end and a prechorus part start just didn't seem right. I added 4 bars around the 2 minute mark of the song.

Without further adieu... the solo.

Well, I started out just jamming to the tune and figured "what the hell" and ended up tracking a complete solo. I had to add an extra four bars to the one of the verses because having the solo end and a prechorus part start just didn't seem right. I added 4 bars around the 2 minute mark of the song.

Without further adieu... the solo.

Awsome man!! just awsome, I only learned the song about 2 weeks ago and when I recorded it, I was totally going from memory ... to cool :headbang: