XANDRIA's DIANNE VAN GIERSBERGEN Talks About Her PRECIOUS METAL Line Of Jewelry (Vide

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
The Age Of Metal recently conducted an interview with Dutch singer Dianne Van Giersbergen of German symphonic metallers XANDRIA. You can now watch the chat below.Asked about Precious Metal, her line of "on- and off-stage jewelry," Dianne said: "I've been making jewelry for so long now. It actually started as a hobby, but then once you have over 200 pairs of earrings, one might say you have quite enough for yourself, so I started selling them. But then I thought, 'Well, let's maybe lift it up one other level,' and I started to think, 'How can I combine music and jewelry together?' and I had the idea to make a necklace out of bass-guitar strings. And then the idea for Precious Metal was born, because I started wearing those necklaces and people would come up to me and say, 'Hey, where did you buy that? I would wanna have one of those.' So I thought it might be a good side project for me also — you know, to have something on my mind during all the music activities and being on the road, something that can occupy for which I don't have to use my voice, because it's very important that I can also give my voice a rest and still be creative. And there it was." XANDRIA's sixth album, "Sacrificium", was released on May 6 (one day earlier internationally) via Napalm Records. According to the band, the follow-up to 2012's "Neverworld's End" "continues the musical journey and direction" of the last CD but "brings in even more of everything people liked" about "Neverworld's End".The official video for the song "Nightfall" can be seen below.XANDRIA last fall parted ways with their singer of three years, Manuela Kraller, and replaced her with Van Giersbergen, who also fronts the progressive metal outfit EX LIBRIS.Dianne Van Giersbergen made her live debut with XANDRIA at the end of November 2013 on a Spanish tour.
diannepreciousmetal_638.jpg

xandriasacrificiumcd.jpg

More...