xlr wall plates? Flooring?

Dollarosa

Jan 17, 2009
Ok so finally my home studio is expaning to the other room (separate control room), and I am wondering about wall plates for microphone chords and headphones, going from one room to the other. What are people using?

I was thinking about a 16 channel snake, placing it though the wall and then making a wooden border in which each input is situated. I have never done soldering before so I just want an already made box or something like the snake idea. For the headphones I am just going to have jack inputs in one room, then two outputs in the other room (for headphones and DI's). I live in Australia; so is there any companies over here that can help me?

Also I have carpet in the recording room (it has been treated), I was wondering if changing to floating floor boards would be beneficial to drum sounds. At the moment the room is great for vocals and guitars (pretty dead), but the snare drum and overheads are not giving the ambiance that I want.

Thanks in advance

Just mount the snake on the wall? No sense in buying a snake then gutting it and resoldering all 16 cables for wall mounts