Yay, people that actually listen to metal to critique my metal mix.

I thought the vocal level was fine. Just keep in mind: The vocals are the focus. Even with heavy music. Go put on Sepultura's "Territory." Those vox are loud, loud, loud!

Personally, I thought the Rhythm guitar tone needed a lot of work. Very thin & no balls. Bass guitar needs more bottom, too.

Drums: Nice snare. It's well hit. The other drums... well..... They're pretty mono. Kick & toms need way more definition as well.
For help with the drums, check out this thread. It's kind of long but worth the read. We all learned alot from it.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/217656-acoustic-drums-metal-guide.html#post4223560

For guitars, just stay on this forum & read. There's always all kinds of cool tips posted around here.

-0z-

How about now (I'm working on getting that perfect "buried but still audible" vocal level):

www.ffaudio.com/music/attackatdawn/theescapeartist-m2.mp3
www.ffaudio.com/music/attackatdawn/aretheybleeding-m2.mp3

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Now only add some good multiband compressor, loudness maximizer and a little bit of mastering reverb and it will sound 100% proffesional & ready to release.

I'm listening with izotope ozone 3 modified "drums_excite" preset (wrapped in Christian Budde Winamp VST Bridge) and it sounds excellent ! :cool:

I thought the vocal level was fine. Just keep in mind: The vocals are the focus. Even with heavy music. Go put on Sepultura's "Territory." Those vox are loud, loud, loud!

Hehehe we are all different ! :loco: :)
I prefer to listen to music instead of some verbal messages or poetry - my favorite In Flames songs are instrumental (Man Made God, Dreamscape, Dialogue With The Stars).

Personally, I thought the Rhythm guitar tone needed a lot of work. Very thin & no balls. Bass guitar needs more bottom, too.

I fucking love his rhytm guitar tone it just needs to be louder (some kind of loudness maximizer/compressor would do wonders here) ! :loco: :lol: