Yes!!!! (A Spur Of The Moment While Listening To Mercyful Fate Thread)

Jean-Pierre

Son of The Bitch
Jun 27, 2004
Detroit, MI
"I DEEEEEENY JEEEESUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIST!
THE DECEEEEEEEEIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEER AHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

The Fucking Oath rules. Commence worship, unless you're an obnoxious poseur.

Fucking awesome band. All of their pre-break up stuff is classic, and their reunion stuff isn't that bad either.

C.U.N.T. THAAAAAAAAT'S WHAT YOU AARRRRRRRRRRRARRRRRRRRRRE!

misfit said:
Appreciated. However, I only ever listen to Melissa, as its the only one that interests me.

Y'know, I agree with you that Melissa is their best. It's just that certain songs on Don't Break The Oath are the best songs they've ever done (yes, even better than Evil and Coven). Nightmare, for example.

If you haven't listened to In The Shadows, do so. I haven't heard any other Fate from the 90's, but I was so surprised at how good In The Shadows actually was.

Ah, good ol' Mercyful Fate. :) They always bring a smile. The most violent moshpit I've ever seen was at the Mercyful Fate gig at the Hollywood Palace on 8 October, 1993 during Satan's Fall. (For you trivia buffs out there, 4 of the songs from this show are featured on the The Bell Witch EP.)

Last time I saw them was in support of the 9 album at the Hollywood House of Blues. While it's always good to see King come through town with King Diamond, I would really love to see Mercyful Fate roll through town with a new CD to support. Hopefully, King and Hank Sherman have some new material written and we can break this 5+ year absence of the band. :Spin:

Jean-Pierre said:
If you haven't listened to In The Shadows, do so. I haven't heard any other Fate from the 90's, but I was so surprised at how good In The Shadows actually was.
Answer

MF owns! Melissa is a damn fine example of how early 80's power metal should be and at the same time how evil can be done with style. And In The Shadows is a very, very good album.