you guys should check out Insomnium

Morgour

Knight of Gondor
Nov 6, 2002
mercia
Visit site
i got their debut album 'in the halls of awaiting' its really good melodic death metal, they have a simular sound to inflames, but they are more creative and less predictable, if your fave band is in flames then Insomnium will be your new fave band, check em out.

Well, that was a really bad description of them. If your favorite band is In Flames, Insomnium sounds nothing like them. Insomnium is, however, a particularly good viking style metal band.

They do sound like in flames....old in flames anyways if you pay any attention to jester race and whoracle. It's straight forward melodic death....viking style...what the hell. Melodic death is melodic death. "Viking" is amon amarth. I suggest you give it another listen Ian as it's exactly what Arch Enemy, In flames, and Dark Tranquility do.

and yes Insomnium destroy any current or recent In Flames material, it's essentially taking from where jester race and whoracle should have gone but didn't.

Nah, Amon Amarth is called viking metal, but I think they're should be deemed pagan death metal instead. I think epic and upbeat sounding melodies like Einherjer does are what makes a band viking metal, and based on that, Insomnium has viking influences to say the least.