You must watch this

AsModEe

also known as ass-mode
Feb 13, 2004
Québec City
http://www.break.com/articles/magichands.html

It's china's disabled peoples performing art troupe doing one of the most beautiful and amazing show I've seen in a while. What's striking is that they are deaf, which means they can't use the music as a guide.

Yeh yeh, some will say I made the same thread on RC, but I wanted to share it here too :D

we can bash the chinese for ruining the economy and stuff... but we can't deny their talent at making art.

AsModEe said:
What's striking is that they are deaf, which means they can't use the music as a guide.

You might be surprized if you take a from a different point of view.
The music is probably ALL that guids them.
The vibration of the music is what they rely on.
I've met deaf people and i was amazed how they experience music.
I also thought they wouldn't experience it because they can't hear the music..but they can still feel. and that's all what it's about, they pick up the vibrations and let those guide them. Watch them in a discotheque when the music is pumping hard and loud.. hehe, they go berserk!
The energy that bursts out then, is overwhelming.
they just go with the flow and some even lay down on the floor and start to connect with the beat and when they finally stand up, they take the beat down from the floor, into the core of their soul. That's simply wonderful.
I've said it before and i will say it again:

" When the blind start to listen and the deaf begin to feel,
purpose may get another meaning."

Think about it.

I had a deaf girlfriend for a couple of months..she made funny sounds during sex
and made a hand gesture similar to praying...

I guess this has nothing to do with artistic expression...or China :b
Kaiwan xiou de

BTW...in Japan many blind take jobs doing Shiatsu.

Is THAT what she was trying to say?....HA!

I'll stop!...I'm killing myself laughing...

thats pretty amazing stuff. I like what you said too Iris, i work with a deaf boy, and alot of that seems to make sense to me.

On a related note: the movie "its all gone pete tong" features a DJ who goes deaf and then writes the best record of his life with no hearing, purely by the feel of his feet on the amps and sub-woofers. It's got a really british sense of humour to it, but i'm sure some of you folks might enjoy it.