You'll never believe the amazingly rare CD's I just got . . . for cheap.

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
Falkenbach - Heralding the Fireblade
Sigh - Hail Horror Hail

They're so rare since they're from GOD DAMN RUSSIA!!!

Fuckin' stupid ebay dickhead! I bought these from a dude listed in the UK, and he had 300+ POSITIVE feedbacks and no negative or neutral.

Oh well, at least I didn't waste too much money.

By the way, this is the first time this has ever happened to me, but I'm assuming this guy should get his balls crushed by a large rodent . . . right?

Nate The Great said:
Sigh - Hail Horror Hail

FANTASTIC album, probably their best. You're gay if you don't like it, sort of like with "Monumension".

who cares? so it has a few sentences of cyrillic writing on it, whoop dee doo, it's still a licensed, complete CD

remember: if it seems too good to be true...

there is a guy on eBay that is actually from Russia and sells Russian releases for US prices ... bought some stuff from him before.

lurch70 said:
there is a guy on eBay that is actually from Russia and sells Russian releases for US prices ... bought some stuff from him before.

Me too..

got my copy of "anthems to the welkin at dusk"

Happened to me with Tenhi's "Vare" cd. Didnt really bother me except the CD took 2 months to show up. Might have been the same damn seller for all I know, listed as in the U.K. as well.

happened to me with primordial - spirit the earth aflame and the first 3 moonsorrow albums. doesn't bug me much, but i do wish the sellers had been honest

i have plenty of russian cds and i really dont give a shit, especially as last time, i paid about $8 per cd, NEW and SEALED 2005 releases, INCLUDING shipping

gay to pay $5 extra just to not have a "this cd must not be sold outside russia, CIS and the baltic states" warning on the back

I don't have a real problem with them being from Russia. I just don't like that he didn't say they were from Russia in the description. Plus reselling a CD from Russia kills it's value.

Erik said:
i have plenty of russian cds and i really dont give a shit, especially as last time, i paid about $8 per cd, NEW and SEALED 2005 releases, INCLUDING shipping

yeah man, it rules. the only complaint is that they spelled "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk" as "Anthems to the Belfin at Dust" or something like that a few times...

Who fucking cares, right?

haha yeah they've gotten better in recent years i think, with regards to the spelling and whatnot. i have (had, i think, i might have traded it away) a russian edtn of a sorhin album with all the lyrics in swedish.. that was pretty terrible. but other than that, they all look fine to me

lurch70 said:
not only that ... but chances are they might be bootlegs
no. not if they're from the big russian license labels, e.g. maximum-cd, fono and irond records... and these three labels together license almost EVERY metal release you can think of.

they aren't bootlegs, per se. but usually bands do not get royalties from russian cds. so yeah, in a way it's a glorified bootleg.

i have a few as well, which is why i do not buy newer releases from ebay

Erik said:
link to source

let me look, but as i remember reading somewhere, a record label (metal blade, cm, nb) license out their cds to irond, fono, etc for a set price, say $2000. once the cds are licensed, the russian labels can make as many as they want. now the band may get something from the $2000, but contract agreements prolly keep them from getting something from the cds sold.

i guess its all up to contracts