Your favourite singers ever?

very interesting choice! for this style of music i kinda prefer brock lindow from 36 crazyfists, but that's probably because their songs always seemed better crafted than glassjaw...their latest album is VERY strong.

When I was 18 i wanted to be a singer exactly like Daryl Palumbo.. :p Back then I had no idea how to do falsetto or anything like I do now, I just loved the passion and intensity in his voice and wanted to do that. :)

I haven't heard the latest 36 Crazyfists, but will check it out!

Sting ( I forgot lol )

i have this really interesting album by Sting called Songs From The Labyrinth, its a bunch of medieval covers of this lute musician called John Dowland. bit of a shock to listen to after all i'd really heard was Message In A Bottle <.<

Also add: Claudio Sanchez Coheed and Cambria, most unusual but pretty epic.

I listened to Coheed and Cambria once. That was all it took for me to refuse to go back there again.

A voice I'm particularly fond of is that of Christian Alvestom. Will be interesting to hear Scar Symmetry without him. (The fact that he appears on the new Project Hate album definitely pleases me.)

simen hestnaes - borknagar, arcturus
nemtheanga - primordial
lars nedland - asmegin, solefald
vintersorg
garm - arcturus, ulver

in no order apart from simen

Jonas Renske - Katatonia, October Falls, Ayreon

You failed here. Jonas singed on the first October Tide-album, then someone else on the second, but October Falls is a different band. I singed on all OF-albums and as I know I'm no where near Jonas, you confused the band with October Tide. :)

You failed here. Jonas singed on the first October Tide-album, then someone else on the second, but October Falls is a different band. I singed on all OF-albums and as I know I'm no where near Jonas, you confused the band with October Tide. :)

Hahahah, win :D

Late-year-themed bands have a tendency to win - October Tide, October Falls, November's Doom, the Katatonia 'December Songs' tribute album...