Your first album

ElusiveDogcow

Apr 6, 2003
What was the first tape/CD/whatever you ever actually bought, and when was it? As ashamed as I am, I'll get the ball rolling. Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park. Ohhhhh yeah. Give me a break, I was 14.

Can't remember the first I bought, but my first CD was Dire Straits - On Every Street. Got it for Christmas '91 or '92 or something, along with a CD-player. Great album.. Got me into drumming, it did.

the radios - live! this was a belgian rockband. i bought it when it was out (11 years old) even saw them live once. my first gig i wanted to go to. (like i took me parents with me and not the other way around) i was like 12 years old then. knew all the songs by hard, i still do. i think i can do that live cd karaoke. :)

Well, when I was six, all those years ago, it seems my first album was by a rap group called Whoudini. But as far as metal goes, I bought Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time, Anthrax - Among The Living, Overkill - Taking Over and King Diamond - Them all around the same time. I can't quite remember what was first, but those albums really influenced the rest of my life, musically speaking.

When I was 6 years old I got into The Radios, got their first album 'No Television' from my parents. The following years they were pretty much the only band I listened to. I still have all 4 albums they released and I saw em 2 or 3 times *outfunning Pieter!!!* :cool:
Then came a moment of no interest in music (10 years old), but when I was 11 or 12, Metallica released Load, Until it Sleeps was on MTV all the time and I really liked it. and THAT is actually how I got into metal. First collecting all Metallica albums, then checking out bands who sounded like them according to mags and stuff, so I got into Slayer and Motorhead (still 12 years old). Then I started listening to Metalopolis (RIP), a weekly metal radio show, that's when a bunch of bands overwhelmed me (including Anathema. I bought Alternative 4 one of the first days it was released, right after I heard Fragile Dreams for the first time)

must have been either roxette - joyride or brian adams - waking up the neighbourhood, on tape. my first cd was deff metallica - san francisco '85 live bootleg (i got this cd player and all i wanted was a metallica album to use it with, and that crappy overpriced unofficial bootleg was the only one they got in that store :-/ )

pistol_pete said:
think it might have been Michael Jackson - Bad on vinyl, i was only about 8 though. Listen to it everyday!

hehe, I had that but copy in cassette.. childs...

then my first CD was the black one of Metallica (a gift for my present)
and with my money the first one was Iron Maiden's POWERSLAVE!!! at 13-14 years :cool:

Cerulean said:
When I was 6 years old I got into The Radios, got their first album 'No Television' from my parents. The following years they were pretty much the only band I listened to. I still have all 4 albums they released and I saw em 2 or 3 times *outfunning Pieter!!!* :cool:
arf :mad:
but i dont have posh parents so i needed to get the cd myself. and believe me, it was a big investment for me by then. :erk:

how get people straight into metal? i mean they dont play it on radio or anything eh? :confused:

and how you cant remember your first ever album. you lot are doing me head in....

me bro was bringing all the music at home so i didnt really have to bother buying anything when i was a kid, but when i was 14 i bought me first tape which was 'roots' from sepultura. fucking brilliant album that is, even tho i paid like 12€ for it.