"Your Highness" Trailor (Pure Epic Awesomeness)

this will be mildly entertaining......Danny McBride is a one trick pony. He is great as Kenny Powers but he is that character in every film. The two females are perfect but with this trailer we pretty much saw the whole film. Some of this stuff seems so forced. I miss the days of well writen comedies like Animal House, Caddyshack, Neighbors, Airplane and Blazing Saddles.

Diabolik

3636_picture_of_an_angry_old_man_waving_his_cane.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I take movies as much to heart as I do my music, maybe even more. Sure this film will have some laughs but in the end people will walk out going...that was ok. then on to DVD and then an endless run on cable to eventually disappearing into the realms of forgetton films. I just think that people cant make good comedies anymore. Either they try and be un PC which is always good but it is always forced or they try and stay safe and on offensive forgetting comedy is based on offensiveness.

I totally agree Glenn - get him with that cane!!!! It's called mindless fun Diabolik - enjoy it for what its meant to be...

A friend posted the trailer on FB last night and I've watched it about 3 times since... I cannot WAIT for this... I loved Pineapple Express (gets better every time I watch it!!) and as soon as I saw Franco was in it, 'Eddie' and the director of PE, I was totally sold..

I watched this trailer about 5 times in two days. I couldn't stop laughing at the brazen crudity of it. Most fantasy-based comedies simply aren't that funny, but this looks like it is going to deliver the goods. The fantasy adventure parts don't look too bad, either. Halfway through my first viewing of the trailer, I already could see the SF/Fantasy convention hall costumes based on this movie.

I watched this trailer about 5 times in two days. I couldn't stop laughing at the brazen crudity of it. Most fantasy-based comedies simply aren't that funny, but this looks like it is going to deliver the goods. The fantasy adventure parts don't look too bad, either.

It reminded me of a much more raunchy version of an old short-lived TV series, Wizards and Warriors. It is virtually impossible to find nowadays, though, and has never been officially released on DVD.

Halfway through my first viewing of the trailer, I already could see the SF/Fantasy convention hall costumes based on this movie.

Yep. We'll be seein' em at Dragon*Con more than likely. :)
FWIW, I saw people dressed in those kewl, evil Blackpool costumes from Wizards and Warriors as recently as three years ago...and that show aired in 1983. (!)
Good may triumph in the storylines, but awesomely evil black leather costumes and outfits will always triumph in the Costume Contest. :)

It reminded me of a much more raunchy version of an old short-lived TV series, Wizards and Warriors.

I didn't think of that but you are 100% correct. That is EXACTLY what it looks like. I remember watching that series when I was a kid, but back then I didn't realize it was meant to be a comedy.

This looks like it could actually be very funny. The problem is, much like other comedies for me, is whether it can live up to this trailer. Generally I find for most comedies, the comedic elements are only those shown in the trailer. Considering how much they show, it's gonna be hard for the movie to top this. So, much like all other comedies I don't want to get my hopes up and will probably just wait for the reviews/user responses before I decide to see it or not. Though, Natalie Portman and Zooey Deschanel probably are worth it enough. Haha.

I'm on the fence about this film. Now I love McBride ( East Bound and Down is easily one of the funniest things done in a while ) and I love me some Portman but I really don't get the whole Franco thing at all.I never did see Pineapple Express but I have heard good things about it. Maybe I should check it out first.