Your impressions about The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR.

My musical analysis of the official trailer:

0:00-0:20 - Shlomit's (Ofra Hamza's) beautiful Zur Menati (intro) plus Amaseffer-like atmospheric effects;
0:20-0:29 - "From Broken Vessels", guitar and keys and vocals sound 100% like Steven Wilson's stuff;
0:29-0:44 - Mabool is back;
0:44-1:03 - Mabool is really back;
1:03-1:15 - "From Broken Vessels" again;
1:15-1:43 - The richest rendition of "Sapari" featuring wonderful Shlomit's voice and Arabic violin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Ananth:

^^^

How did you figure the name of the song ? :D But you're right, it does have that Steven Wilson vibe to it.

Uri you are so damn right ! Its blown my mind away already. Looks like Sapari will be my favourite song from the new album.

From this little tease, it seems to me like everything's perfect. That flute/pipe instrument does add a strange eeirie feel to it. I haven't seen him perform live hence from the little I've heard from youtube videos, it seems like Avi is just progressing upwards and sounding from kickass to even more fucking kickass-er

Thanks a lot Nathalie!

EDIT: This rendition of Sapari is seriously amazing me. All the other versions stun me as well, esp Ofra Haza's [maybe because that's the first I've heard] but this one is metal + sapari :D Man, OL is as unique as it can get !!

Sorry for partially pointless observations, but if the whole 40 min movie isn't edited and done yet, there could be some editing in the subtitles that can be done.

That's some neat observation dude! I couldn't figure any of the lyrics after Wilson appears. It sounds scarily similar to something like Kobiwilson or something if you fused them two together.

I think we are confusing each other :D

I meant that it was typical Steven style of singing though it was unmistakably Kobi, hence Kobiwilson. Mixture of the two :D Cut me some slack, I'm a juvenile :D

P.S.

I loved that song 'Me' when I first heard The Naked Lie.
[Did my message get accidently deleted?]

How is it possible to produce such an amount of comments with only 15seconds of music from an album of 74 minutes! I am amazed guys :D
Otherwise, to break the already growing web urban legends (see another thread about this) Steven Wilson is mixing the album and plays most of the keyboards on it at the end of the day. No more. And this is a fact from the official announcements!

I'm hooked to the 30 seconds of Sapari Tama.

'W'ANI TOCH LEV ONYAH
BAYAFI 'ETAH ME'YLI'

Truly mesmerizing, though I have no idea what it means.

I've found an interesting thing. in trailer there are shots from Moscow and S-Peterburg concerts on 0:47 min. It'll be in DVD? and how can i get the edition with the dvd?

My musical analysis of the official trailer:

0:00-0:20 - Shlomit's (Ofra Hamza's) beautiful Zur Menati (intro) plus Amaseffer-like atmospheric effects;
0:20-0:29 - "From Broken Vessels", guitar and keys and vocals sound 100% like Steven Wilson's stuff;
0:29-0:44 - Mabool is back;
0:44-1:03 - Mabool is really back;
1:03-1:15 - "From Broken Vessels" again;
1:15-1:43 - The richest rendition of "Sapari" featuring wonderful Shlomit's voice and Arabic violin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNjRUOd2bHs

For a change, I don't have much to type, 'cause my mind's blown from a 1.5min trailer. There's a MASSIVE album on its way. OMG OMG OMG OMG Release it already please.

my 2 pennies...

Mabool, by now, seems only a DEMO TAPE.

:headbang:

Yes, Carrying On,

Kansas is my neighbor to the west. Our border was a warzone during the War Between the States years, because my fine state was a Slave State. So, Wayward Son, thank goodness we're not living in that bucolic period. You'd be wearing Union blue, and I'd be wearing Confederate gray. We wouldn't be on very good terms. But, hey, bad is good sometimes, when America is AmeriKKKa.

Given this fun coincidence--I doubt you ever lived in KS; did you?--I choose to embrace your assessment as trustworthy: You're on.

Today, thanks to the Emancipation here in the United States of America, there is no enslavement or war anywhere on this Orphaned Earth. Ain't that raght, GW? No, it ain't, SOB.

So at least we have this musical jewel to anticipate and then relish, Wayward Son. Thanks for the advance notice. Don't worry: I won't tell the haters. We don't want them to spoil our party in their typical fashion, now do we?!

Must be nice in Italy this time of year.

Blessed Be.

FS

how can i get the edition with the dvd?

Answer:“a heaven you may create”

The documentary will be available as a DVD which is part of the limited edition of the album “The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR”, released January 25th (Europe), February 9th (USA) 2010 by the international label Century Media.

Source:www.aheavenyoumaycreate.com

You will have to wait until you can order the album. Either be it online, or in the webshop of the band...Keep your eyes on centurymedia.com orphaned-land.com or www.orphaned-disciples.org

Answer:“a heaven you may create”

The documentary will be available as a DVD which is part of the limited edition of the album “The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR”, released January 25th (Europe), February 9th (USA) 2010 by the international label Century Media.

Source:www.aheavenyoumaycreate.com

You will have to wait until you can order the album. Either be it online, or in the webshop of the band...Keep your eyes on centurymedia.com orphaned-land.com or www.orphaned-disciples.org

Great marketing idea: Mysterious release of the limited edition so everyone who cares needs to do the OCD-check over n' over and so on. Or is that the typical schtick? Whatever: I'm game. Hey, I appreciate the info...Hill-Come-Lately beats Hill-Come-Never :lol: Oh, yeah: :cry: It's so beautiful; it's so HEAVENLY :saint:

Some metalzine journalist's impressions about ORwarriOR:

Apeiron666 wrote:
Well :) Regarding the Orphaned Land's album, I can tell you this - if you liked Mabool (as I'm pretty sure that you did :)), you will also like this one! The album really sounds great, all the OL moments are there... What can I say, wait for January, and be ready to enjoy this stuff... Sure it will be on my top 5 list in the following year :)