Your Vinyl Collection

I don't really treasure any of it. I don't have anything particularly rare.

Dodens Grav said:
I don't really treasure any of it. I don't have anything particularly rare.

i should have clarified that i don't really either. no OMG KVLT OOP HTF L@@K bullshit that goes for $400 on Ebay. Unless things like that fall from the sky into my fucking lap, I'm never gonna have em.

I've got a shelf in my room where I've lined up some LPs for decoration. None of them are too rare. I don't think any are less than 1000 copies. I've got the Athiest box set, and The Mantle, which is pretty nice and has some good artwork.

I've always been tempted to buy the Emperor/Mayhem split that was limited to 300. It's $40 bucks at the local metal store. I can't really justify that.

I have a Danzig/Misfits live in NYC in 1988 that is kind of rare...It's bootleg though. I don't have anything super rare or expensive though. My record player is not that good.

I don't recall the Mayhem songs, since I never got into them that much. They were pre-DMDS songs; none of those iirc.

The Emperor set was similar to the Wrath of the Tyrant. Lord of the Storms is on there with the subtitle "Evil Nekro voice from hell" or something like that. I think those guys were like 15 when they did that song. I think Ancient Queen and Moon Over Kara-Shehr were on it too.

I guess it is a bootleg, since I've never actually seen it mentioned anywhere.

of course it's a bootleg, do you think Emperor OR Mayhem would have officially licensed that? Those Burzum vinyls are bootlegs too. There's too much fucking vinyl bootlegging going on.

MasterOLightning said:
Agalloch tries so hard to be kvlt.

do they? how so? i bet it's by being on an uber-kvlt record label like The End Records eh? and those studio albums they release in extremely limited quantities?

the Acid Mother's Temple "40th Century Splendid Man" pic disc because the B-side has some sweet ass titties on it

and some awful c93/world serpent related crap that assholes pay a lot of money for on ebay :~D

I would have needed this thread about two months a go, when I sold my vinyls on ebay. There were (only) 3 parts which I think were maybe rare:

Metallica - Master of Puppets as a double album. As far as I know, the regular releases were "normal shaped" with 2 records inside.
Sodom - Mortal Way of Live with the Sodom&Gomorrah cover. I think this cover was censored.
AC/DC - TNT the Australien release

Maybe I am wrong and there is nothing rare about these. If anybody knows, let me know. I am still curious, although they are already sold.