YT: Death Discography Original/Reissue Comparison Guide

Pman

Feb 18, 2006
UK
www.facebook.com

I'm currently chair bound and decided to look into the differences between the various remasters of the Death discography that have been getting released for the last several years, and how they shape up compared to the original releases after a friend looking to buy the discography asked me which of the remasters to go for and which to avoid. Then while checking out the differences I thought i'd throw it all into a video.

Scream Bloody Gore (Infernal Death)
1987 Original V 2008 Remaster - 0:10

Leprosy (Leprosy)
1988 Original V 2008 Remaster - 1:46

Spiritual Healing (Living Monstrosity)
1990 Original V 2012 Remaster - 3:22

Human (Suicide Machine)
1991 Original V 2011 Remix/Remaster - 4:58

Individual Thought Patterns (Overactive Imagination)
1993 Original V 2011 Remix/Remaster - 6:34

Symbolic (Symbolic)
1995 Original V 2008 Remaster - 8:11

The Sound Of Perseverance (Bite The Pain)
1998 Original V 2011 Remaster - 9:47

The Fragile Art Of Existence (Consumed)
1999 Original V 2010 Remaster - 11:23

See what ya think! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
dat Human remix... greatest service done to this kind of music. Only a remix of Focus can surpass it in significance. Nice vid!

Thanks for uploading!
I think the Spiritual Healing remaster sounded pretty nice. All the stuff from Alan Douches was good. Only the remasters of the first two albums sounded wrong and misplaced.

dat Human remix... greatest service done to this kind of music. Only a remix of Focus can surpass it in significance. Nice vid!

Those remixed tracks on the end of that 2004 Focus remaster sounded great, but only 3 tracks isn't good enough!

Thanks for uploading!
I think the Spiritual Healing remaster sounded pretty nice. All the stuff from Alan Douches was good. Only the remasters of the first two albums sounded wrong and misplaced.

Yeah all his remasters are great. His remix of ITP is very lackluster though in my opinion. They should have gotten Jim Morris to remix it, and then stick to the Remastering with Alan.

<3 Death!

Also - that last track by Control Denied - I've never heard any of this before. Chucks vox sound....different! RIP to that legend.

<3 Death!

Also - that last track by Control Denied - I've never heard any of this before. Chucks vox sound....different! RIP to that legend.

Tim Aymar did the singing on the Control Denied disc. I have the 2 disc reissue that has a demo version of a track with Chuck singing. Tim also appears on the yet to be released (it actually a posthumous release as it was recorded back in 2000 - it was supposed to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Chuck's death but has been delayed because of legal complications) Control Denied disc coming out this year but has mostly been associated with the American heavy/power metal band Pharaoh.

I liked the remasters of those albums very much too. I thought the remaster of ITP (my favourite album) was better than the original, mostly because I thought it brought out the bass guitar more, and I love the bass guitar on that album! I could listen to it all day. So much originality in such an underrated instrument.