Zakk Wylde Licks?

-Gavin-

Gavornator
Jul 21, 2003
Oulu, Finland
I'm really getting into Zakk Wyldes style of guitar playing lately.

I;ve been a fan of his work for ages now but i'm wanting to get into phis playing style on guitar a lot more.

Does anyone know what scales (Besides pentatonics) that Zakk uses and does anyone have any Licks that he uses that they could post that i could learn

I'd Much appreciate this

NeedledWarheart said:
I'm really getting into Zakk Wyldes style of guitar playing lately.

I;ve been a fan of his work for ages now but i'm wanting to get into phis playing style on guitar a lot more.

Does anyone know what scales (Besides pentatonics) that Zakk uses and does anyone have any Licks that he uses that they could post that i could learn

I'd Much appreciate this

he also uses alot of diatonic stuff, and some blues scales if im remembering right. he can also throw in some weird chromatic notes to make his scales sound more interesting.

don't wanna be an ass, but learn his licks/solos you like, and check out the chord progression too, so you'll see the phasing, as well as the "techniques" he uses.

Before I wasn't very much into ZAkk's stuff, but now I kinda love his stuff hehe
learn the last solo in S.I.N (ozzy), there's some sweet licks there;)

NeedledWarheart said:
can you write out the Diatonic stuff for me?

blues and chromatics (obviously) i know.

Thanks

sorry this has taken so long! i completely forgot about tshi thread. diatonics are 7 note scales as far as i know. for example:

A minor diatonic would be

----------------------------------1-3-5-----------
---------------------------1-3-5------------------
---------------------2-4-5------------------------
--------------2-3-5-------------------------------
-------2-3-5--------------------------------------
-1-3-5--------------------------------------------

again. sorry this is so fucking late.