ZAKK WYLDE Performs On 'American Idol' (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY/ex-OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist Zakk Wylde performed the SAMMY HAGAR classic "Heavy Metal" with James Durbin, the 22-year-old rocker from Santa Cruz, California, on tonight's (Wednesday, April 13) episode of "American Idol".

"Give metal a chance!" Durbin said to the camera in the preview package that aired before his performance.

Wylde said afterward that Durbin "sang his ass off."

"That felt really, really real!" judge Jennifer Lopez exclaimed. "I really loved that. I don't know what these are sounding like at home but here they are killing it dead," she said. "Who would have ever thought that on 'Idol' we would have heavy metal?"

Fellow judges Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler were equally impressed. "My God, you guys were just at a James Durbin concert, at a Zakk Wylde concert," Jackson told the audience. "I'm happy you stuck to your guns," he told Durbin of going against mentor Jimmy Iovine's recommendation. "We always tell contestants to 'do you' and tonight you did you. ... I can see you onstage with Ozzy at the next Ozzfest! Durbin rocks!"

"Outstanding, Durbin," Tyler said. "I'm glad you went with your feelings. ... Nice lip to Jimmy, man."

Durbin made "Idol" history earlier this season when he sang the first JUDAS PRIEST track "You've Got Another Thing Comin'", marking the first time PRIEST was ever performed on the main stage.

<div align=center> </div align=center>

More...