Ziltoid the Omnicient

FUBAR

Sep 19, 2004
UK
Travis I'm totally in love with your new cover for Devin Townsends latest project.

Z1fltsm.jpg

Has a classic B-moive feel to it :)

Thanks. This is going to be Rad. It's really hard to finish something when you can't stop laughing. (in a good way).

I didn't realize that was posted already. Cool. That whole B Movie thing is right on. Kind of a mix between Mars Attacks and Dark Crystal, with generous Helpings of Plan 9 and Flash Gordon (at least that's where my mind was for it.) The coffee thing also plays a big part here. In more ways than one.

Thanks. This is going to be Rad. It's really hard to finish something when you can't stop laughing. (in a good way).

I didn't realize that was posted already. Cool. That whole B Movie thing is right on. Kind of a mix between Mars Attacks and Dark Crystal, with generous Helpings of Plan 9 and Flash Gordon (at least that's where my mind was for it.) The coffee thing also plays a big part here. In more ways than one.

Yeh Dev actually posted it on his forum yesterday. I wasnt sure wether to post it here but i kinda wanted to hear what you had to say about it :)

Haha! I've had this picture as my desktop background for the last few days. (It replaced the movie poster for Underdog, out August 3rd)

All I can say is, it's incredible. It almost looks painted! Very colorful, and Ziltoid almost looks like a demented duck of some kind. The coffee thing reminds me of Metalocalypse a bit, I don't quite get what's going on with Ziltoid and the Coffee.

At any rate, it may look B-movie, but it gets an A-Plus. :)

If it's really painted, I would be much more impressed than usual. But if it is, it has a really really soft touch with a lot of really perfect mixing. It seems more realistic to me that it is digital... Can Trav spread some light on this? :(