Zimmers Hole

NvmbrsDoom5

Jul 24, 2002
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
Alot of people have been asking about this band, one of the bands on the SIGH tour. Zimmers Hole are excellent stuff, basically it's Jed, Byron and Gene Hoglan from Strapping Young Lad, with "The Heathen" on vocals. Musically there's similarities to SYL with more classic metal/thrash mixed in there as well. Lyrically the stuff is hilarious (in a good way), just over the top Metal-isms meant for a good time. Here's the link to their Myspace page where you can listen to some tunes and watch their video.

MySpace.com - Zimmers Hole - Vancouver, CA - Metal / Thrash / Comedy - www.myspace.com/zimmershole

You just gotta love a band who has song titles like "When you were shouting at the devil, we were in league with Satan" haha, and have no qualms about paying homage to riffs like "Bonded By Blood" and "The Four Horsemen" in their songs. Plus, Jed and Gene are two of the coolest guys I've ever met, I'm looking forward to this show!

Zimmers Hole are great fun, although their song writing isn't all that amazing...well not compared to SYL. One of the bonus tracks on their latest album 'fuck my aching tits' is pretty funny, such a sweet ballad. :lol:

Honestly man... their song writing is pretty fab. It's opened me up to *a lot* of stuff over the years made me reconsider what Metal is and isn't etc.
And if any of you folks want to see that vid in higher quality... check
http://www.zimmershole.com

Also if you have any questions about the band or want to share your love, please feel free to use
http://forum.legionofflames.com
(or for general stuff... always feel free to ask me. I'm not a member or anything but fandom gonig back 10+ years teaches ya things).

Uh-oh, Gene Hoglan on drums. You know its going to crush.

Haha, the lyrics are pretty awesome. "Glam rock can suck a cock"

Yeah. The main lyrical subjects are METAL, inside jokes, and stage props. For instance the song "Fista Corps" live involves extensive use of a prosthetic corpse and The Heathen's hand.

Oh yeah, these guys are great. I read in Terrorizer that they signed to Century Media and they plan to re-release the old albums, except one song that parodies "Master of Pupets:

"Napster, Napster, where's the cash that I've been after."

That's gold right there.

I'm likely going to be seeing these guys in September, as they're playing two shows in my province. Definitely looking forward to it, especially seeing Gene Hoglan again. And with SYL gone, this is really the next best thing.