ZOAX Signs With SIEGE OF AMIDA RECORDS

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
London-based quintet ZOAX — the new project of Joe Copcutt, bassist for supergroup AXEWOUND and original bassist for RISE TO REMAIN — has inked a deal with reputable U.K. indie Siege Of Amida Records (known as SOAR). 2013 saw ZOAX write and record its debut EP with producer Derya "Dez" Nagle of Black Bear Productions (THE SAFETY FIRE), with mastering taking place at Spectre Mastering Studios (UNDEROATH, HE IS LEGEND, NORMA JEAN). An early 2014 release is expected. Fusing the best of post-hardcore, melodic rock, technical metal and ambient electronica, ZOAX's sound is both unique and fresh. Said Copcutt: "I first met the majority of the guys in the band roughly five years ago. When we first met, we spoke about getting a project together, but with the amount I toured (RISE TO REMAIN, AXEWOUND), it wasn't a possibility. When touring calmed down for me, I wanted to be a part of something new and fresh, something that I built from the ground up and had a connection to, and most importantly with good dudes around me playing music I could really stand behind. To be honest, I wanted something real, something from the heart, and that's what we've done with ZOAX."

More...