A kick for ya all

Here's it
I used a fucking great Audix D6, Thanks to Andy for all the precious tips he gave me on AIM.
Emperor head on the batter head, I can't remember what's on the front, it's a black remo, one of those that have that stuff to attach on the skin and cut the hole, sorry I can't remember the name
The kick is a 22", it has got a pillow inside to remove the resonance overtones, it's from rockbag the ones that comes with the mic clip (very useful), I didn't use it though, I used a normal mic stand.
The skins are really tuned low:
tension watch settings: 60 on the batter and 60 on the front.
Boosted at 60 hz, a deep notch at 120hz, scooped the mids (400-600hz), boost a little bit of high at 4Khz and 8Khz.
That's it, I like it very much.
If you're interested a I got a multisample version, with no processing.

cheers!
Beers for everyones

p.s. UK people remember to vote for Harris, Andy the Master said that!
Up the Irons!

Reactions: Atlantic
does andy use the D6 often? Every time i see one of his kicks mic'd it has a Beta 52 on it.

edit: That sounds good! Reminds me of the 36 Crazyfists kick for some reason

forgot to say: I asked Andy "Do you use a comp" he said "Does it need it?"
You know if you're completely replacing the kick you don't need a comp to get a good sound out of it, that's what I think.
And so I did, no comp used, just a strong hit and the sample is done.

Andy and James told me what I wrote in the first message.
Preamps are digi002 ones, so I think they sound good despite everyone says abou them.
I have a 002 and I agree. I don't know where this whole bad preamp myth came from, if anything the problem is in the converters.

Thanks guys and a big "fuck you" to all digi002 preamps haters ahahahah
just kidding.
The thing as Andy said on this forum, it's not what you got but how you use it.
Do you think Andy could make his work sound like shit using a digi002?
No I don't.
Tomorrow I have free time it's the day the americans saved our ass in WWII (it's a national celebration) so I'm home and I can post the multisample wave.
Don't expect to sound like this one processed, well it sounds good but not as good as this one.

cheers