andy's guitar micing pictures gone??

broken81

Used by Protools
Dec 26, 2005
Detroit, MI
everyone keeps referencing these and it seems like there missing can anyone repost them or Andy please repost.

I really wanna see how Mic is set so i have a starting point :headbang:

How to you go about the amp hiss thing and headphones for Mic placement also????

micposition9elvd3.jpg

micposition28tuhi0.jpg

This is what I have.

Does anyone know what cab this is?

Judging from the tolex covering, I'm going to guess (loosely) that's it's a Mesa cab. However the pics aren't exactly showcasing the tolex so I'm probably way off. I've never taken the grille off of any of my cabs...a flashlight is much easier to turn on and point at the speaker than taking shit apart anyway :p

~e.a

Bah! My dreams of becoming a guitar speaker cabinet connossieur based on visuals alone have been crushed! :lol:

~e.a

miche said:
micposition9elvd3.jpg

micposition28tuhi0.jpg

This is what I have.

Does anyone know what cab this is?

These are the sneap pics? If so, I will add them to the download section.

kaomao said:
no that's the krank cab.
He used the krank cabs and revolution mk1.
It was when Andy showed us how the krank mk1 sounds.

ah ok, so I guess this is why his samples sound so great. I wouldn't have thought a cab would make such a big difference, but they are definitely part of the Krank sound, it seems.

do you by any chance know what speakers are in there?

I'll address this question to the swarm:

what's the advantage of mic'ing the top speaker? is it possible that this is the speaker that just happened to sound the best in this cab? or is it a matter of picking up less low end? (hence less mud?)

thanks.

Carrier Flux said:
I'll address this question to the swarm:

what's the advantage of mic'ing the top speaker? is it possible that this is the speaker that just happened to sound the best in this cab? or is it a matter of picking up less low end? (hence less mud?)

thanks.

maybe just less stress on the back?:lol:

how do you go about finding best speaker just mic each one and move mics all around then go to the next speaker until you find best sounding or is there a more simple way?? o_O