Are their any other bands like COB?

Nocturnal Breed is pretty same but its Melodic Thrash metal... but singer is way better then laiho i think and solos kick ass like laiho solos ;D

Sorry but thats bullshit. Norther are better than CoB IMO...

Norther sound nothing like bodom, don't know why people even compare them.

Imperanon's first album does sound a lot more like CoB though... not their new demos.

Wintersun > all, though.

Wintersun isn't melodeath though, but you're right they are awesome.

Yeah I agree with Jari > Petri, especially in Ensiferum, Petri still does a good job, but nothing he does will come close to how good Jari was.

Jari is in a whole other league, you can't even compare him to anyone else from Finlads metal scene, guitarplaying, composing, singing clean and harsch, he's an amazing guy.

ok what are some good songs from imperanon and norther? and btw i like folk metal alot too, wintersun and ensiferum are my favs in that genre

Well, anything from Imperanon's Stained cd. And I like Norther's Death Unlimited cd, but I cant just recommend any single songs. And for folk metal, check out Suidakra, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, and Turisas.

The only band that sounds like them is Norther. I'm not really sure. Bodom is the only band that can sound they way they do. They're not even in a specific genre except "extreme" metal cuz they sound differnt.

^You're absolutely right..even though Norther do sound a lot like them,you can't fit them in the same genre..Bodom really are unique.

Isn´t Wintersun releasing a new album this spring? If so, has anyone hearddddddddddddd anythign from it yet?

JessofBOdom: Yeah, and that's thx to Alexi and Janne. They're like the first band to have such a unique sound when it comes to guitar and keyboard solos. It's the most complicated stuff i'v heard.

I'm pretty stunned that so many people on this board are willing to say that Wintersun is "in another league". Yeah that guy can play guitar really fast and write decent songs and solos, but the songwriting comes nowhere close to Bodom.

Also never forget the fact that Alexi did this when he was at the ripe young age of 18

Oh yeah by the way, imperanon is probably the only band that comes somewhere close to writing songs that "make sense" and have as much feeling as Bodom.

I like Norther and Kalmah, but if you really listen to Norther you will realize that most of the their songs have the exact same structure and chorus riffs. And Kalmah has a cool style, but once again the songwriting gets a little repetetive

Reactions: Mystique1721
I'm pretty stunned that so many people on this board are willing to say that Wintersun is "in another league". Yeah that guy can play guitar really fast and write decent songs and solos, but the songwriting comes nowhere close to Bodom.

Really? no where close to bodom? lol.....

Wintersun are more about epic songs, 8mins + (new album they are All that or longer). Bodom is about short sharp fast songs...

Check this for songwriting if you disagree, seriously - nothing alexi has written comes close to this

Starchild Lyrics Wintersun

I believe he means musically. Anyway, stop arguing about fucking opinions, it's a perfect situation to use that winning the retards race pic.