Best Live Shows

Humanure

Speaking in Killing Words
Mar 14, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
Well, I just downloaded the Buried Dreams bootleg from '94 and in the midst of damning myself for never having gotten the chance to see Carcass, I got to thinking of the best shows I've been to. As far as small venues go, I'd have to go with

1) Dark Tranquillity/In Flames/Sentanced last Sept. in RI. First time seeing DT and they blew me away...

2) Iced Earth/In Flames last....uh, april(?), NY. Virgin IE experience, and they played all 3 trilogies.

3) Satyricon/Immortal 2000, NY. Went bassically because of Immortal, left a rabid Satyricon fan. They made Immortal look like amatures.

What about everyone else?

--Humanure (who doubts many people will care to reply, but doesn't really care, as he's bored and felt like rambling about something :) )

I have damned myself for never seeing Carcass either. :mad:

Morbid Angel / At The Gates / Dissection in '95: just look at the bill, what else is there to say? ;)

Tool: seen them many times, by far the best live band I've ever seen. Such emotion and intensity.

Danzig at the Whiskey '01: God damn that guy is good live. Seen him several times, this was the best because they played HOLLYWOOD FUCKING BABYLON for an encore!!! :headbang:

Hypocrisy '02: Fucking awesome, who knows if I'll ever get to see them again.

Paul Simon and Bob Dylan '99: Legends that still kick ass.

I used too many smilies in this post! :lol: See?!?!?

I saw Carcass on the Heartwork tour and fuck, it melted. It was one of THE best shows I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

Other gigs that stood out? Shit! There are countless. Here's a select few:

TOOL-Laeralus tour (I'm so spewing I missed the Melvins)
MR.BUNGLE- both the Disco Volante and California tours
FANTOMAS- both tours but The Directors Cut one was the better
HELMET-on their last tour
MORBID ANGEL-on the Domination tour
TOMAHAWK
CATHEDRAL and PARADISE LOST-on their tour supporting Icon and Carnival Bizzare albums
SLAYER- on the God Hates Us All and Divine Intervention tours
SEPULTURA- on the Chaos AD tour
CANNIBAL CORPSE- on The Bleeding Tour
FEAR FACTORY- All their tours minus their first and last which I missed
INFERNAL METHOD- Australian melodic death metal kings
FAITH NO MORE- on The Album Of The Year tour

To name only a few.

I have a new number one - just saw Dark Tranquillity again in NYC and they were fucking incredible again. Didn't play as much, but got to meet the band after :)

Nile and Napalm Death also put on pretty good shows too....wish I was more into them....

Oh, yeah, and The Berzerker absolutely butchered Corporeal Jigsore Quandary. Synth drums??!? :puke:

I have been loking for that berzerker track but cannot seem to find it Humanure, that is my favourite Carcass song. Do you know where i could grab it?

top 5 concerts i have gone to
1. Arch Enemy/Death
2. Six Feet Under
3. White Zombie/Pantera <--- Pantera puts on the best fucking show!
4.Slayer
5. Rob Zombie/ Fear Factory/Monster Magnet <--- They suck balls

I had it up until a few weeks ago when my comp crashed :( I think I got it from Soulseek (www.slsk.org). Either that or winmx, as they're the only 2 p2p's I use.

Death and Arch Enemy toured together in North America? When was this? I know Death came around with Hammerfall a few years back...that's probably the show I regret missing the most.

The best live show I've ever seen was Pain Of Salvation last year at ProgPowerIII. I wasn't too familiar with their music beforehand, but they played with such emotion and were flawless. I'll never forget it.

Opeth were amazing the first time I saw them in January at the House of Blues in Chicago. I'll be seeing them again in May with Lacuna Coil...can't wait.

Tool put on an amazing show both times I saw them. The visuals were incredibly fitting.

Slayer were...Slayer. :headbang:

Tori Amos also put on an incredibly emotional show when I saw her in 2001.

Dark Tranquillity were pretty impressive when I saw them play with Strapping Young Lad (Hoglan is a god), Napalm Death, and Nile.

Can't wait. In around 2 weeks I get to see Opeth on their Australian tour. I just saw The HAunted last weekend and unfortunately, they were dogged with a shit sound. The band were plainly going off, but the fucking PA was a piece of shit.

I saw Carcass on the Heartwork tour in Edinburgh with Cubanate supporting. I wasn't keen on Cubanate but Carcass were excellent.
However, the best show I've been to was Sepultura with Paradise Lost supporting in 1993 at Glasgow. Excellent.