Best Track on Esoteric

What Esoteric Song Most Tickles Your Pickle?

• Deathlike Overture

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Esoteric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rise and Decay

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Let The Old World Burn

• Darkness Descending

• Seclusion

• Misery's Supremacy

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Under A Pitch Black Sky

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Linger In Doubt

• The Legacy of the Defeated

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Within Reach

• Total voters

Gadlor

Herald of Homoerotic Fury
Aug 10, 2002
Aruba
:headbang:

Now that the album is officially out, I want to see some freakin' track-by-track commentary on how ballin' it is, yo. What is your favorite track and why? I want details! DEEEEEETAAAAAAAAILS

PS: voting for the intro is not funny, but voting for within reach definitely is :lol:

It's one of those albums where it's not about the individual song, but rather the whole album. It's almost impossible for me to pick a favorite song. I gotta listen to the whole thing through.

I would not consider Within Reach to really be part of the actual album.

Haha, bullshit! Within Reach is totally part of the album.

I've been trying my best to decipher the lyrics. I'm pretty sure there's something about being astride a noble steed in there. :eek:

Honestly I think my favorite songs so far are the really fucking long ones...because they don't end! Rise and Decay, Darkness Descending, Misery's Supremacy, and The Legacy of the Defeated are long enough for the really fucking catchy hooks to hammer home, as well as give the band enough time to noodle off into the magical sunset, tra-la-laing and strumming a lute. Or, if you want to be brief, they have extended bridges.

It's one of those albums where it's not about the individual song, but rather the whole album.

That is kind of growing on me(listening straight through) - the album flows pretty well, so when you finally hit the end of The Legacy of the Defeated it's like you've just had the pus beat out of you.

I don't know if I can vote for my favorite song yet either (props to whomever voted for Within Reach, btw - I bet it was Gums!) but I can totally vote for my favorite three seconds.

In the chorus of "Under a Pitch Black Sky" right around the lyric "where light is all so absent" there's two lead guitars dry-humping the shit out of each other and it just rapes me silly every time.

You guys are all such pretentious bastards. It's a fucking favorite track poll. Just vote. No one is cutting off your wiener if your opinion sucks. I know more than 5 of us check this forum daily. Or maybe we don't... :erk:. my life has become a pathetic course of mindless repetition

You kidding me don? I refresh this stuff like every half hour :lol: My life would be semi-meaningless without seeing your goat picture constantly.

You guys are all such pretentious bastards. It's a fucking favorite track poll. Just vote. No one is cutting off your wiener if your opinion sucks. I know more than 5 of us check this forum daily. Or maybe we don't... :erk:. my life has become a pathetic course of mindless repetition

Haha well it's just my opinion. I'm not saying a thread like this can't exist, but to me, it's impossible to pick favorites. Sry bro :(.

No but the new Venture Bros was on yesterday and it was one of the best things to ever happen to television ever.

Seeing Dethklok in 2 weeks with Mastodon, ehhhh.

No but the new Venture Bros was on yesterday and it was one of the best things to ever happen to television ever.

Seeing Dethklok in 2 weeks with Mastodon, ehhhh.
you mean you're seeing HIGH ON FIRE :kickass: and CONVERGE :kickass: and MASTODON :kickass:

and also some silly dethklok live thingy will be there doing their cartoon shtick without the cartoon

I'm torn between Darkness Descending and Under a Pitch Black Sky, but when I think about it, the rhythm and drum patterns on the latter just sell it for me.