Black Obelisk

It was very nice band in '80... They played nice thrash metal with very good lyrics, then when bands like Faith No More showed how to mix funk and hard sound, Black Obelisk started to move in that side (slap bass and stuff). After few years the former of the band Anatoliy Krupnov died (heart attack as I can remember). Band Obelisk died with him. Now the band up from the ash, but I didn't listen to their new music. Its prolly old school thrash metal. Btw maybe Im wrong will be better to ask Soulburner about them.

so, you both don't like funk/metal, but do you think that they did it well? is there a standout album from the thrash days?

who else was going in the 80s? Legion was, right? i've heard some of that and liked it. it seemed like straight up 80s heavy metal, as i recall.

i still like funk metal, myself. i've been a funk fan for longer than i've been a metal fan, though, so i damn well should. :]

Kruiz's first album is now on the shopping list.

i haven't heard of Shah. what's their story?

Originally posted by metu
Kruiz's first album is now on the shopping list.

i haven't heard of Shah. what's their story?

U won't listen to 1st Kruiz im sure. Its fucking pop-music, trust me. Nothing close to metal.

Shah = thrash metal. Even 1st REALLY thrash metal band in Russia. They was bigass fans of Slayer's Reigh in Blood so tried to sound like them (if it was possible in Moscow in that ages). Krupnov (Black Obelisk) played with them for some period, and they recorded one or two albums in Germany. Was a good band, but died I think, dunno what another 2 guys doing for now...

i can't thank you enough for that link. that shit is awesome. i've gotten back into a thrash phase because of this.

how are their other albums?

thanks for that info on Shah, too. it was all news to me.

NP: Kruiz...fuck yes!