Blastbeat in HYPOCRISY? YES or NO

Blastbeat in HYPOCRISY? YES or NO

• YES

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • NO

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
Officially Peter said he was kind of tired of his lack of motivation, claiming that Lars hasnt owned a drum for more than 10 years, something like that

Lars said something different though, like he was tired of touring, I dont remember exactly

yes i read interview in terrorizor that he was more of a guitar player than a drummer as he aint owned a drum kit for years so any one no what he has been doin since he left

Do you have that interview?

This interview has something:

http://www.metaleater.com/interviews-hypocrisy04102006.php

Excerpt from it:

" Interviewer: One of the big changes, as you mentioned, was Horgh coming out on drums to replace Lars (Szöke), who was a long time member; what happened there?

Peter: I don't know; he just wasn't into it anymore. I think he peaked on being a drummer in '93 and then he just stopped. He just wasn't interested. He was interested, he still is interested in music but he doesn't want to get better and stuff like that. He's just going like this (his hand shows a flat line) and was just going like this without any decent changes."

because obviously Peter was just tired of having him around and by then, when it happened, Andreas WAS already the other guitarist
and btw, Andreas isnt the 2nd guitarist in Virus but more of a lead guitarist, since he plays more solos and leads than Peter himself

So many fucking death metal bands over use blastbeat drumming because they think that's the only drumming style that suits the music. Hypocrisy have always been the band to prove that theory wrong. I say keep the traditional mid-tempo drums and bring back the down tuned and sludgey guitars from Penetralia/Osculum era!

LONG LIVE HYPOCRISY!!

Yeah. But Hypocrisy is special for its melodies and keyboard parts, which are the most influential things of its compositions. Without its melodies and keyboard parts, Hypocrisy would be a common Death Metal band with nothing special.

I think they whould have three or four intense songs with blast beats on each album, but more slower songs. I agree with anyone else, definatly not more than on virus, even if it was a really good album.