Chiefs vs Bengals!

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
Hi Neil,

Chiefs vs. Bengals!

I'll be wearing my new Bengals shirt Sunday (thanks to my wife, for Xmas), but if the Chiefs win I won't be sad. I may not even get to watch the game, we'll be returning from spending New Year's Eve with some friends in West Chicago. I might be in the car. Please hoist a pint during the game in my honor :)

Hope to see ya at Chicago Powerfest in April.

Ken Luther

Well I hope you decided not to wear the shirt. The Bungles aren't fit to be a playoff team - managing only a field goal against us.

Prepare to meet thy doom next weekend. Damn I wish PB had lost today - if that had happened next week's game would have been a rematch of today's game, only in Cincy..haha!!

Ah well...at least we have Larry Johnson - a true ray of hope for next season. 1549 yards in only 9 starts...

Happy New Year!

Neil K.

NK said:
Well I hope you decided not to wear the shirt. The Bungles aren't fit to be a playoff team - managing only a field goal against us.

Prepare to meet thy doom next weekend. Damn I wish PB had lost today - if that had happened next week's game would have been a rematch of today's game, only in Cincy..haha!!

Neil K.

I think my wearing the shirt caused a jinx. I am worried about next week, considering how they've played the last two weeks. They beat Pittsburgh last time they played them, but I'm not confident of a repeat. Oh well, 11-5 is a remarkable difference from recent history.

Ken

Oh well. Good luck next week. I'll be cheering for the Steelers (I usually do after KC gets knocked out, which is every year)

Neil K.

Ouch..sorry Ken!! Palmer was very unlucky there. Had to hurt.

Neil K.

Hi Neil:
I know this is an OLD thread, but seeing these Chiefs threads made me wonder (and I apologize up front because everyone else here probably already knows this), are you in KC? Just wondering as I am in Topeka and live and die (mostly die) by the Chiefs season every year. Anyway, just stumbled on this site a few days ago but have been loving all the gear talk. Anyone that has done work with Thin Lizzy is a friend of mine for life.

Peace,
Johnny Lokke
www.johnnylokke.com

Hi Johnny,

While I'm still a huge Chiefs fan (for my sins) I'm actually just up the road a bit, in Chicago. Speaking of Topeka, is Grovers BBQ still alive and well?

Hi Johnny,

While I'm still a huge Chiefs fan (for my sins) I'm actually just up the road a bit, in Chicago. Speaking of Topeka, is Grovers BBQ still alive and well?

Ahhh, Grover's. Still alive and kicking. Can't play favorites, though, as my brother-in-law opened his own BBQ joint inside our local Harley Davidson shop (Lonnie-Q's for any in the area) 5 years or so ago and has done a fantastic job, so I have to split my time equally now. Actually I just eat twice as much. Anyway, a pleasure to meet you and it's a very impressive back catalog you've got as I'm seeing through various old posts. Also very nice of you to have a chat with all us odd sods, don't see much of that in this day and age. I'll definitely be watching and picking up interesting bits and bobs.

Thanks,
Johnny
www.johnnylokke.com