Cover song suggestions?

I think Julie is going to be experimenting more with her vocals on the next record, but growling might be pushing it :)

There's been a couple of cover songs suggested that I personally think could work quite well: "Planet Earth" as suggested by Tet for starters. I can see where he's coming from there. I also quite liked the idea of "Walk Like an Egyptian", which has possibilities to be heavied up for a bit of fun.

:)

I think Julie is going to be experimenting more with her vocals on the next record

Good to hear that, since one of the few flaws of the debut album was that Julie's vocals sounded a little bit monotonous IMO, even though I adore the sound of her voice.

A few thoughts:

- Type O Negative - "The Dream is Dead", "Anesthesia" or "Everything Dies" (I think these, and probably some others, could work well).
- Fear Factory - "New Promise" or "Empty Vision" (I'm a fan of the Transgression album and these two songs in particular, which I think the band could do well.)
- Iron Maiden - "Como Estais Amigos" (I think the band could do this song some justice, which I feel is one of Maiden's most underrated tracks).

Portishead - All mine

Dead Can Dance – Lotus Eaters (Imperia did it but I’m sure you guys can do it much better) although it was also done by a Brazilian band we saw at Bloodstock. So I’m not sure if you want to do something that’s already done, it is a wicked song though.

It'd be interesting to hear what a song off Edge of Sanity's Crimson albums would be like with cleans...

But you's do Under a Glass Moon? Seriously huge props, that song is scary difficult, especially the solo.

I did suggest "Instruments of Random Murder" but no one else was into it

To-mera playing Whatchtower. o_O That would we wicked.

I suggest Confessor. You have similarities... like unconventional singing melodies. :)

I would definately do Dream Theater, very few people can pull it off but I know To-Mera can!!!!