Driving Music

llamaking

A Souless Elegy
Sep 10, 2007
What bands/albums do you guys generally listen to while driving?

and what is some good music to listen to while driving you know pumping music that kinda gives you that energy when you hear it and go fast.

I usually listen to

Parkway Drive
At the Gates
Behemoth

that's all ive really listened to while driving since ive only had my license for about a month, but i think they suit it well.

I don't have a licence yet, but I think Liquid Tension Experiment would make great music for speeding through densely trafficked areas.

Anything works for me, but I find heavy metal like Judas Priest and Manilla Road to be particularly appropriate.

I really like driving to Iron Maiden for some reason (mostly cause they are awesome of course)

A Perfect Circle
Soundgarden
Newer Amorphis
Acid Bath
Stone Temple Pilots
Newer Katatonia
Alice In Chains
Newer Paradise Lost

I Enjoy listening to some fetus I don't know why but everytime when I drive by a gangster it's always appropriate to flip him off!

yeah this is just as horrible as all those weight lifting music topics. obviously just listen to music you enjoy

either that or "born to be wild"

yeah this is just as horrible as all those weight lifting music topics. obviously just listen to music you enjoy

either that or "born to be wild"

no shit you listen to stuff you enjoy. but there is some music that suits certain activities/moods. and obviously different music is good for driving.

while i <3 my dying bride it would suck while i was driving because it doesn't suit the mood.

Catchy metalcore/melo-death is definitely the best driving music. Power metal sometimes also...even thrash at times. Never BM, hardly ever doom (except a few bands).

no shit you listen to stuff you enjoy. but there is some music that suits certain activities/moods. and obviously different music is good for driving.

while i <3 my dying bride it would suck while i was driving because it doesn't suit the mood.

For me it is not this way. If I like a thing, I like to hear it while driving. That was my answer. The only variable is that some things are more dense, or less well produced, and my sound system is not great, and my truck allows a lot of road noise. So that kinda drowns some things out. Other than that...

It depends on the situation. If I am on the way to work, I'll listen to something with a heavier beat, but maybe on the way home it'll be something more laid back. On night or rainy drives I'll put on something more album oriented, like Morningrise or Pale Folklore. If I'm going on short drives I won't bother with albums and just pick songs that fit my mood, or new albums I'm trying to get into.

anything that is riff driven and has good production... Reign in Blood is a perfect example