New Metal Member
Sep 27, 2002
Visit site
Just discovered a CD I have had for years had Enchant on it
and I hadn't made the connection!

How did you guys come to be on the 'Supper's Ready'
Genesis tribute CD?

Genesis 1972 - 1982 are my favourite band and
Man Of Our Times should have been played live.
Growwwwwl go those bass pedals again :)

So Enchant, how did it happen and what thoughts do
you have on Genesis?

Cheers guys!

Sticks

We did the Genisis, Pink Floyd and Yes tributes all at the same time! It was a deal for Magna Carta. They are all pretty cool disc's.

They had asked Doug if we wanted to do it. And we did. Man of our Times was an easy choice, great tune! I think we are all big fans! I know I am.

I only wish we could have used our version of Any Colour You Like instead of Us and Them for the Moon revisited disc. We did a totally cool take on that one, total grooving slap bass and Pauls drums were awesome! Total pocket!

Ed

Originally posted by ebass
I only wish we could have used our version of Any Colour You Like instead of Us and Them for the Moon revisited disc. We did a totally cool take on that one, total grooving slap bass and Pauls drums were awesome! Total pocket!

Ed

Thanks Ed

So when do WE get to hear your 'Any Colour You Like' ;)

Korg

That was a great day! Maybe one of the best gigs ever! and a lot of fun! It was in Bonn Germany at the biskethalle :) or something like that? Mike Portnoys Birthday. The last show with Dream Theater before joining Threshold for the second leg!

It was a couple thousand people screaming and way into the show! A packed hall and both bands kicked ass that night! The sound was cool and the vibe was awesome! We bought plastic electric Robots in the A:M when the venue was a swap meet before the gig later! And had them on stage doing battle during both sets! :) it was fun! I think those guys actually sent the Robots out on stage while we were playing? I seem to remember stumbling on one during Below Zero? :)

Mike got up and did Would with us for a second encore. It rocked and was so much fun! Ted later sat in with them and did harmonies with James on Caught in a Web. That crowd was amazing that day/night? It blew me away! I remember looking out over that place and everyone waving a fist to the Metropolis while they rocked the house! It was unbelievable!

I have it all videotaped as I did most of that tour. The quality is not that great and it is from the back corner of the venue. It is pretty cool though? I had no idea there was an MP3 . I know it was damn loud!

We have always loved throwing in covers fun and still do? so you never know what to expect when we go back out ?

Back on the Genesis thread...

I am a huge fan, of all of their stuff really, early Gabriel era right up to We Can't Dance...

I think that And then There Were Three might be my favorite. I have always wanted to cover down and out... actually in rehearsals for Nearfest, we broke up the evenings with terrible versions of Deep in the Motherlode, and Turn it on Again. they usually fell apart somewhere along the way.

Tony Banks is probably my favorite keyboardist.

and Phil is probably my biggest influence behind the kit... I mean... the medley on Three Sides Live is just SICK!!!

Later!!:D

Down and Out is definitely sweet from a drum perspective. Machine Gun delivery. Gotta give props to Chester on 3sides too! He and Phil share the drums for the Cinema Show/Colony of Slipperman part of the medley, which, I agree, is SICK:puke: Does anyone know if the Cinema Show version on Seconds Out is Bruford (w/Phil of course) on drums or Chester? Sean, the drumming in the middle section + gtr solo of Paint the Picture from Nearfest is sweet. I guess when I was at the show, I was focusing more on the songs and Doug's gtr a lot, but now that I got a CDR of the show, I am just amazed with you and ed. You guys fit together like peas and carrots :D

:wave:

Originally posted by Sean
Back on the Genesis thread...

I am a huge fan, of all of their stuff really, early Gabriel era right up to We Can't Dance...

and Phil is probably my biggest influence behind the kit... I mean... the medley on Three Sides Live is just SICK!!!

Later!!:D
Great to hear.
Genesis changed my life (wow, what a statement - but true...)
and Phil was my infuence.

Having had time on my side, I'd have to state 1972 - 1982
as the period I will never tire of.

After that, I can leave some tracks. :rolleyes:

As for Fading Lights - What a great poignent and musical bow out huh?....And knowbody knew it at the time.

Nice one Buster!:headbang:

Gotta give props to Chester on 3sides too! He and Phil share the drums for the Cinema Show/Colony of Slipperman part of the medley, which, I agree, is SICK:puke:

Does anyone know if the Cinema Show version on Seconds Out is Bruford (w/Phil of course) on drums or Chester?
Had the pleasure of seeing PC and Chester perform, shall we say...MANY times ;)

As for Seconds Out ( Best live album..) Cinema Show is the only Bruford Collins track
taken from the 1976 'Trick...' tour on there

Another Bruford Collins 'battle',It & Watcher appeared on the European release of
'Three Sides Live' and contains some of the best live drumming ever IMHO.

Sadly, the mixed released version was not quite as gutsey as the unmixed track, but there we go.

1) Ed any chance that video/audio might be available to some of us fans?? (had to ask ;))...would drool over seeing that..even in poor quality still would be a treat.

2) am I the only 1 who always hears the "Cinema Show" keyboard melody when hearing the keyboard melody on "Mettle Man"??..very similar..the intervals are almost identical for 2 or 3 bars.

3) Anyone into Brand X??? Phil played with them of course. And My alltime favorite fusion album (although I am quite new to it, so this may change) is "Marscape" by Jack Lancaster and Robin Lumley of Brand X. Phil plays on that as well they did a concept album for Peter and the Wolf. I NEED to find both of them someday on cd, but they are scarce as hell. Maybe ebay is my only chance :mad: .

WOW

Thanks for all the info! You guys know it :eek:

Hey I have seen Brand X with out Phil but they were still sick for sure? Jim I like the hurling guy :) And the early stuff is insane!

Thanks for the compliment about Sean and I. Much appreciated! It takes some time for rythym section to become carrots and peas :p Thats the goal for sure! I have been lucky working with two of the best drummers there are :D

Kyle most of those old tapes need to be edited and converted to some better format? maybe even DVD? I have alot of stuff and need to find a video guru one of these days! It was always the plan to update or make these a bit better! More on that later.

EP

Originally posted by ebass
That was a great day! Maybe one of the best gigs ever!

I'd have loved to have been there. I've been hanging around Dream Theater message boards and mailing lists for years now, and I remember venting my envy to Europe about getting to see you guys and DT on the same bill. :D Lucky bastages. :D