Ereb Altor - Pagan Doom/Viking Metal

MFJ

Jan 20, 2004
Behind the mist.
I found these guys while just randomly fucking around on Metal-Archives. They play a pretty interesting mix of Doom and Viking Metal. At times I'm even reminded of Nordland-era Bathory and Lunar Strain-era In Flames. There are some good folk-ish melodies and the clean vocals are very nice. Their demo "Awakening" is available in its entirety on their site-

http://hem.bredband.net/criols/

Enjoy! :)

Yeah, it really really does. This shit is amazing, I just finished the demo and I'm going around for another run. Just wish it was mp3...

Also check out Fejd. They are a traditional swedish folk group. They are listed as Folk-Metal, but there are infact no electric guitars. It's more like kick-ass folk rock that makes you want to get hosed and jam. Great, great stuff.

www.fejd.se

(oh, and both of their demos are for download on the site. I reccomend "I en tid som var...")

my comments:

Ereb Altor: "Winter Wonderland" was good but not that great really, The Awakening sounds a little more promising

Fejd: I know I've heard these guys before, but you've re-awakened my interest and now I must contact them and buy a copy of Huldran with the other one as a bonus.

Ereb Altor sounded really, REALLY boring to me. nothing too special at all. i've already forgotten pretty much all of it. Fejd on the other hand... BOING! :)

So I wrote these guys asking how to get a copy of the demo, and it appears that both members are also in Isole, a Swedish trad doom metal band that I need to hear more of (so I will probably buy their album when ordering the Ereb Altor demo.) He also informed me that Ereb Altor is recording an album later this year.

www.forevermore.se <-- order from here