For you Devin Townsend people (and Keenan)

:lol: I would be unfit to serve the mighty Ziltoid, as I don't drink coffee. :lol: :(

I listened to Planet Smasher on lunch today at work and hoooolyy fuuuuuuuuuck. I WANT MY ALBUM. NOW. I got one-day shipping on that and Addicted though, so I just have to wait 24 hours. 24 antagonizing hours. :bah:

I just finished listening to Ziltoid and Addicted in full. I am now reduced to a blubbering mess, as I cannot construct complete sentences. Holy shit.

Might be getting Addicted next week. I'm currently saving up for either a CD player or Alien.

Actually, if I ever decide to get ZTO, I'm gonna play the ZTO track on the PA, telling everyone to get to class. Or else.

Nice! That album is what you'll be after hearing it.

On another note, Ziltoid Hyperdrive? Or Addicted Hyperdrive? I prefer Ziltoid's version.

Nice! That album is what you'll be after hearing it.

On another note, Ziltoid Hyperdrive? Or Addicted Hyperdrive? I prefer Ziltoid's version.

Now if I could get my damn copy already! :lol: :(

And I'd go with the Addicted version of Hyperdrive. Ziltoid is just tons and tons of awesome, but there are song on that album that are clearly more well known than Hyperdrive (Ziltodia Attaxx, Planet Smasher, By Your Command, etc.). On Addicted, you can easily call out four popular songs from that album: Hyperdrive, Supercrush, Ih Ah and... it was either Addicted or BILB. But that doesn't make Hyperdrive a bad song on either copies.

I think I prefer the Ziltoid one, mainly because it goes with the flow of the album and its a bit more ambient and that's my jive.
Also I'm sure Ziltoid is in open C and Addicted is in open B and I have a guitar in open C and I can't be bothered to tune down ^^

Why the hell is Ih-Ah! so god damn great?! It's gotta be one of my favorite songs of his that I've heard.

Already posted this in the funny thread, but it's Devy so it fits.

272748671.jpg

Also, look at this sexy face.

devin.jpg

What the fucking hell..... :lol:

Does anyone know what The Mighty Masturbator is about? It doesn't seem like the title is the subject of the song, which is good :lol: but I have no idea what it's about. Deconstruction confuses me too, but I have to assume that one's about cheeseburgers. :lol:

Deconstruction :

According to an interview with Townsend, the album is a concept album focused around a man who is obsessed with finding the true nature of reality. In the process of this journey, he goes to Hell and meets the devil. The devil shows him the secrets of the universe, presenting a cheeseburger to him. However, being a vegetarian, the man cannot eat the cheeseburger, rendering his attempts at working out the true nature of reality pointless. The album is chaotic in nature and has elements which are prominently humorous, which is a radical departure from Townsend's more recent work. Townsend also stated in this interview that Deconstruction is a musical representation of facing your fears and overcoming them. Townsend explained that he wanted the album to have a positive message, despite its highly chaotic nature.

Nothing on Mighty Masturbator though.

Oh man.
A few weeks ago I was like, okay i've heard Addicted a billion times and it's great I should check out more stuff.
And then I heard the self titled strapping young lad and then ZILTOIDDDD and just god damn Devin Townsend is brilliant.
I've heard part of Alien, but I have yet to finish it.

Oh man.
A few weeks ago I was like, okay i've heard Addicted a billion times and it's great I should check out more stuff.
And then I heard the self titled strapping young lad and then ZILTOIDDDD and just god damn Devin Townsend is brilliant.
I've heard part of Alien, but I have yet to finish it.

Awesome! When done, go listen to City so that Dave doesn't call you a fag, then listen to The New Black so that I don't feel like an ostracized fag! :lol: :erk: