Forum Getogether thread

I'm going to be heading into the city probably just after midday today a lot of my mountains friends are heading into the city early to do various things. You punters should all head in early and have a thousand beers with me :) before going to the harp

With a Hair Guitar gig on it's as good an excuse as any for a long overdue get-together.

Indoor Rock Climbing
Saturday, 29 March 2008
12:00pm - 5:00pm
@ The Climbing Centre
3/16 Borec Road PENRITH
View Map

This will be an awesome day out (or in, depending on how you look at it). All levels of ability from complete novices to human spiders are welcome.

All-day entry to the centre is $12 if you have your own gear or $20 for package deals (includes harness/shoes/chalk/etc).

Hair Guitar
Saturday, 29 March 2008
9:15pm - 1:00am
@ Penrith RSL
8 Tindale Street PENRITH
View Map

Hair guitar is a comical look at the 80’s Glam rock phenomenon, putting a super group together with artists OZZY OSBOURNE, ALICE COOPER, RICHIE SAMBORA from (Bon Jovi), Eric Carr from (KISS) and SLASH From (Guns “n” Roses). Performing all the classic hit of the glam rock era such as Living on a Prayer, Cherry Pie, Final Countdown & Jump to name a few.

This is dead set the BEST cover show you will ever see bar none and best of all it's FREE!

Obligatory Facebook events:
Indoor Rock Climbing
Hair Guitar

If anyone needs a lift from around the Parramatta/Blacktown area let me know. Any suggestions as to where we can get a decent feed in the area between rock climbing and Hair Guitar are welcome, otherwise I'll probably end up bringing some more portable BBQs and setting up a feed at The Climbing Centre before we leave.

Being that it's finally the last weekend of March I will be drinking up like there's no tomorrow. If anyone else is still fired up for drunken antics feel free to come back to the Ferret Cave to can on until well into Sunday afternoon.

I don't know bout climbing Ferret it's a bit of a homo sport isn't it, don't know if i'm game to try it ;-)
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=qnFzFGkeAoo[/ame]
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=m-YnieuDAMg[/ame]
although I might surprise myself and do alright at it

*warning there maybe some climbing jargon* If you were refering to where we were on the first video we were actually 54 meters up, I typed up a big thing on how we knew it to be that number but there was too much climbing jargon so I hit backspace. Just the first pitch was 30 meters and not 35 like I said in the video :) I ended up lead climbing the last pitch and taking a fall just as I was getting over the overhang, trying to put in the next quickdraw in. It was probably the best place to take the fall seeing as though it was a overhang & I didn't smack into the wall but it was FUCKING SCARY!

Here is some photo's of that climb on the third page
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=31885&l=10b6e&id=644539127

"Oh I'm back baby!!!"

Has been a long while since i've seen most of you.
So what better way to get together than at a gig?

Hair Guitar
17th May
Blacktown RSL
10pm
Was thinking about organising to go to bowling as well before the gig if anyone is interested in going to that as well.

If you cant make this one, they are playing the week later.
23rd May
O'Donoghues Emu Plains
9.15pm

I have a good routine going with a few mates down here. Tuesdays = Indoor cricket in my shed 6-7.30, winner gets a free beer at the Farrar Hotel, which has awesome $9.00 Snitzels.

Anyone that wishes to come farewell myself and Rob before we head for Europe, come out to the Lowenbrau this Saturday night from 7pm onwards!

It's going to be a big night! :D

MY BDAY PISSUP!!!

This is an invitation for anyone that wants to come along.

When: Friday 6th June
Where: Panthers
Time: 8ish

In the city that day Brendan, so i dont think i will be able to come. You've got to make appointments wth me these days.

june_28th_.jpg