FST review by Crave Metal

metallica144

Lammendam
Apr 13, 2010
Holland
nice track-by-track review.
those who went to the gibson studio can continue with what they were doing because you already heard the album :lol:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five Serpent’s Teeth is the 3rd album from British Thrashers Evile. It is due to be released on the 26th September 2011. Matt’s statement about this is “Enter the Grave’s Big Brother” definitely rings true.

The first track is the title track Five Serpent’s Teeth, and it is one of the many, many stand out tracks on this album. It opens the album with intent and tells the listener what to expect from the rest of the album.
Second track In Dreams of Terror opens with some pounding drums and a screaming solo from Ol. This track is a continuation of the intent and brutality of the opener. The same can be said of the third track Cult. Both tracks show of a matured sound from their previous albums.

Eternal Empire is the first single to be released from this album and it is another of those stand out tracks I mentioned. It starts off with a strong build up which builds the energy which goes through the entire song.
Xaraya and Origin of Oblivion are both extremely good tracks which continue on from the rest of the album, some proper balls-out trash. They are both extremely strong tracks and show off the technical mastery of the band.
Centurion is up next and it has an utterly evil intro, which then proceeds to follow on to another absolutely excellent song. The lyrics are completely relevant to today’s society with the lyrics “Prepare for War” and “One with the Gods” which makes the listener think about things whilst enjoying the music.

In Memorium follows and is a completely different song to what Evile is known for, a really moving ballad. This is a song to hold your lighters/mobile phones up to and sing along. When the chorus kicks in, it is such a moving moment. For me this is a brilliant track and by far the best on the album, which is saying a lot as every track on this is absolutely brilliant.

Descent into Madness is the penultimate track and it is completely the opposite too In Memorium with it being a complete and utter thrash balls to the wall type song. This is the heaviest song on the album in my opinion and I can see this being a firm fan favourite live.

Final song Long Live The New Flesh closes off the album perfectly and leaves the listener with a sense of satisfaction about the entire album.

Overall this is an amazing album and their best effort by far. The fans will enjoy it, and as this review was done at an album launch party, I was able to watch some fans reactions and they were loving absolutely every minute of it.

Hype level before this review for me: 4/5 (Eternal Empire didn't amazeme as much as Infected Nation did prior to the release)

Hype level now 7/5, IT'S GONNA BE FUCKING AWEZOME!!!:D

That is a rubbish review. I mean, it's obviously a good review, but really it tells us bug-fucker all and the writing style is rather amateurish...

This.

This is the worst line for me: "The lyrics are completely relevant to today’s society with the lyrics “Prepare for War” and “One with the Gods” which makes the listener think about things whilst enjoying the music."

...dudewat

itt: we figure out writers for metal news sites are poorly educated stoners that can't put a sentence together

The review does nothing with horrible lackluster details. I just hope the band didn't get lazy. That's the problem today with bands, they get fucking lazy and they don't want to write detailed arrangements or 3 minute guitar solos anymore. If your art is going to be everywhere on the net, best make it the best art you can make and that's what I hope Evile did.

The review does nothing with horrible lackluster details. I just hope the band didn't get lazy. That's the problem today with bands, they get fucking lazy and they don't want to write detailed arrangements or 3 minute guitar solos anymore. If your art is going to be everywhere on the net, best make it the best art you can make and that's what I hope Evile did.

They didn't. I can assure you it's really really good.

This review seems to me to be about as good as it gets from one listen through other than going
OMG GUITAR SOLOLOZ!

I'll have my review up by the weekend, hopefully I'll keep the OHMYGODIT'SAMAZING fangirl-ism to a low scream.

@Alteredminddeath, The band definitely did not get lazy on this album, trust me.

@Verdicardi, not all of us thank you haha.

Dat grammar...
tumblr_lgdttcmJw01qc2e6a.png

I'll have my review up by the weekend, hopefully I'll keep the OHMYGODIT'SAMAZING fangirl-ism to a low scream.

@Alteredminddeath, The band definitely did not get lazy on this album, trust me.

@Verdicardi, not all of us thank you haha.

you write for a metal news site? huh?