Get to know your fellow nighwish fan

who can often be found going on about the virtues of Babylon 5 hehe
NO!!!! Get the hell out of here!! Seriously?? I don't think you've EVER mentioned that show to me... shocking! You think you know someone and then... (ok, I'll stop) ;p

Damn few people make the kind of quality music that Arjen Lucassen has mastered, and fewer yet do it with such personality and have fun at the same time.
EXACTLY!! He beams with joy over what he does, and it's infectious. Makes me wanna pinch his lil Dutch cheeks! <3

I am the best friend you've ever had if i decide you rock
Very true :) *HUG*

i also don't know how to write short answers to anything :p)
ME TOOOOOOO hehehe... I loooove talking about myself ^_^ I'm my own bees' knees! :worship: heehee!

Ok, now onto the Telbeans :D

Name: Chrissy
Located: lovely NJ, USA :) (yeah, I'm that rare person that LOVES Jersey and never wants to leave, honestly)
Hobbies: Wasting all my time sitting at my computer gaming (PS2/GC/DS are present as well, but I don't touch them much anymore); making lists and plans of things to do and accomplish, but never actually doing them; singing (was classically training for awhile but stopped due to lack of confidence and perfectionist frustration); TV: Family Guy, Futurama, Inuyasha, Spongebob, Pokemon... swore I'd NEVER watch that stupid show, but it's so mindless, I need stupid escapist stuff.
Fave bands: Ayreon, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, Tarot. Also enjoy some Within Temptation and After Forever. No tolerance for screaming or cookie monsters, except possibly for Mikael Åkerfeldt. I demand good vocals!! Non-metal faves: Smashing Pumpkins, Bjork, Veruca Salt, No Doubt/Gwen Stefani, Jamiroquai, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Bob Marley, Boston. Opera fan as well. Yep, I'm all over the damn place! :p
Religion: *extremely* spiritual agnostic.
Smoker: not a chance in hell!
Drinker: a few times a year I'll have a beer or three by myself (fave is Amstel Light), but that's it. I've grown allergic to yeast so it gets me ALL stuffed up which sucks, but other forms of alcohol (wine, straight liquor, and mixed drinks) make me feel sick, and I'm the master of the 72 hour hangover... so yeah no partying for me :) I have enough fun when I'm sober, don't need any enhancement. Being around people who are drunk makes me nervous :erk:
Additional info: I'm a veterinary technician; I LOVE the idea of reading and own lots of books but never actually read any of them; I had a near death experience when I was 12; I've been to 3 colleges, but never smoked a joint (still a dutiful child of Reagan-era antidrug campaigning!); Plucking my eyebrows makes me sneeze. :loco:

Drinker: a few times a year I'll have a beer or three by myself (fave is Amstel Light), but that's it. I've grown allergic to yeast so it gets me ALL stuffed up which sucks, but other forms of alcohol (wine, straight liquor, and mixed drinks) make me feel sick, and I'm the master of the 72 hour hangover... so yeah no partying for me :) I have enough fun when I'm sober, don't need any enhancement. Being around people who are drunk makes me nervous :erk:

I feel sorry for you

Additional info: never smoked a joint (still a dutiful child of Reagan-era antidrug campaigning!)

but then again I don't :p

I am the best friend you've ever had if i decide you rock

That is SO going into my signature!

I LOVE the idea of reading and own lots of books but never actually read any of them

Oh God, I love to read. I am always reading something. Even when eating breakfast, I have to read the cereal box.

If I'm totally uninterrupted, I can polish off a book in a day's time (or even a few hours), but normally these days, with real life and other crap, it takes me several days to get through one.

gosh, I wish I could do that C... I have attention/focus issues as well as visual dyslexia so I read really slowly and the effort I need to put into it gives me a headache :( Which is funny cuz I was always really great at English class until we had to start reading long books on our own.

Name: I Am Eternal, I Walk the Night. I am the Reaper of Souls... Mikey!
Location: Just South of Shithole NJ, USA, and I love it here!
Hobbies: Obviously listening to Das Metal, watching lots of TV (Mostly wrestling/animated) and movies, collecting useless star wars/wrestling/video game junk. Lost way too much of my childhood and thus far adulthood to those damn video games... oh well, beats doin stuff... stuff sucks. Oh, and I like to throw down a few cold ones with my friends.
Favorite Bands: Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, In Flames (1995-2001), Nightwish, Slayer, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Iced Earth, Dragonforce, Killswitch Engage, Fear Factory, and Much Much More!
Religion: Raised catholic, currently agnostic
Smoker: Nope
Drinker: If by definition you mean "One who drinks", then I would have to say yes.
More stuff: Currently employed as a customer service drone for Disc Makers, the US's largest independent CD/DVD manufacturer. Awesome company, awesome people, shitty job. Oh well, 2 outta 3 ain't bad. Although I am severely underpaid for what I paid for my College Education. I'm working on moving out on my own, but keep spending my money on useless crap. Currently I bought 2 t-shirts, a hoodie and 2 action figures today that set me back until payday, and then my check will just about cover my student loan, cable, car insurance and credit card bills with just enough left over to buy more shirts and Halo 3. Also I'm trying to save to go to Disney World in March! Ah, priorities...

Also, I'm single and looking. I've got nothing to currently offer, but come get me ladies!!

Name: Zellie

Hobbies: Being in love with Dreamfall, writing crappy poetry, writing less crappy novel length things, video games (WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!), nerf wars, pillowforts, adventurring, traveling--last trip was to New Zealand

Favorite Bands: Nightwish, Stevie Nicks, Machinae Supremacy, Sugarcult, Weird Al, Within Temptation, After Forever, Ayreon, Mindless self indulgence, Delight, Pettalom, Asrai, a variety heh

Religion: athiest
Spirituality: oceansoul

Smoker: HAhHAhahHAha. sry, I like being able to breathe D:

Drinker: I'm with Tel.... it makes me sick and in pain. And drunk people make me nervous. I'm okay if I have a buffer of nondrinkers around me, but if it's just me I end up in crazy anxiety land of fight/flight.

More stuff: Like Troggie, I am hideously underpaid for my college degree (and work experience!)....... actually, I'm currently unemployed. I just moved from Virginia to Savannah, Georgia to work with artists on my books/graphic novel stuff/website/etc. The bites are few and far between considering the amount of resumes I'm sending out. Here I was thinking that a degree meant I'd be able to find a salary job... or yaknow... some health care benefits??? NOPE. THANK YOU COLLEGE FOR BEING A TOTAL WASTE! -_-;

Ummm I own some french fry kitties. I love doggies but recently my parents put my Maggie to sleep ): and my landlord doesn't allow pets so it's all very lonely right now.

I like drawing on construction paper and leaving signs all over the apartment. There is one on the door that says "Dinosaurs DEMAND password."

name: Sanne (I'm a girl)
Located: Belgium, more specific: Westmalle, home of Trappist
hobbies: listening to music, writing fictional stories, reading, trying to pick up playing the keyboards again but I'm hopeless, watching certain animes,...
fave bands: Iron Maiden, Metallica, COB, Nightwish, Sinergy, Hammerfall, Warmen, Wintersun, Primal Fear and many more
Religion: Catholic
Smoker: nope
drinker: seeing I'm Belgian, obviously yes :)
additional info: I'm studying to become a teacher (Dutch & English)

I guess I'll take a turn.....

Name: Bill (don't tell me you can't pronounce that!)

Location: Springfield, Illinois, USA: the capitol and center of political corruption for this sorry state.

Hobbies: music, books, tv, video games, wasting copious amounts of time on the internet. Well maybe it's not all wasted, I read a lot of blogs and try to educate myself and keep up with events in the world. As for books and tv, I'm mostly into science and science-fiction. Cosmology and physics are super groovy; I also tend to read a lot on biology, evolutionary biology in particular (Dawkins fan!). And sometimes I'll read books on social and/or political topics.

Favorite bands: I don't wanna type forever, but here are a few: Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy, Sirenia, Penumbra, Within Temptation, Evergrey, Charon, Entwine. For the last 6 years about 70% of my listening has been female-vocal bands.

Religion: no thanks, don't want any

Smoker: no. Smoked for about 2 years when I was younger, started feeling very unhealthy, quit.

Drinker: only very rarely, like once a year, if that much. When I do drink, though, I drink enough to get smashed. IMO that's the only purpose of alcohol. If you're gonna kill some brain cells, you better make sure you really enjoy it.

Additional info: I'm a rationalist and a libertarian, for the most part. I have little patience for mysticism or superstition (including religion). I also believe people should be able to do whatever the hell they want, as long as they are not directly hurting someone else; and a proper government should reflect this. I'm also very strongly opinionated, can you tell? :heh:

Name: Joe
Located: A boring town in Maryland
hobbies: Playing guitar, sometimes singing and writing songs, listening to music, watching TV, playing videogames.
fave bands: Rage Against The Machine, Guns N' Roses, Children of Bodom, Black Sabbath, the list goes on and on.
Religion: Joeist, kinda like Muslim but not quite
Smoker: nope never will
drinker: I hate beer, and a lot of wine too
additional info: I hate school.

Name: Falyssa
Hobbies: Talking on msn to various people, playing video game, reading, watching various TV show.
Fave bands: Metallica, Nightwish, those are the 2 that are always constant. Saw Nightwish in May, gotta wait till they come back to the states*sniffsniff* Going to see Tallica next month
Religion: none.
Drinker:eww... i have no use for it.
Smoker:eek:nce again, have no use for it.

um... hi my name is livana jenessa people call me LJ or Jenessa
hobbies: used to play instruments and paint :(
favorite bands: Nightwish and Disturbed are top list right now [im too old to fill in all the bands]
smoke: yes but like 1 a week
drink: nightcap before bed black cherry soda and malibu rum
home: Pennsylvania USA
religion wiccan

Name: Colin
Locale: Sunny NW Florida
Hobbies: Playing music (violin, mandolin, bass, guitar, a little tin whistle and vocals), drinking, fishing, boating, composing, reading, gambling
Favorite music: Loads of Celtic music, e.g., the Dubliners, the Pogues, and Flogging Molly, Metal, Rock, Jazz, Classical, and Country (but not that new bollocks)
Smoker: Yes, mostly pipe tobacco and cigars
Drinker: YES, Beer (preferably my homebrew), rum, whiskey
Religion: Christian
Other stuff: Joining the U.S. Navy August 17, and I'm excited to find an American Nightwish fanbase!!:D

[edit: forgot my age]

No hei...

Some of you may remember me from somewhere or other-- hopefully not. Please let me know if I've offended you in the past... I tend to do that (travel back in time and offend people) and not realize it, so notification is good. Those who don't, hello.

Name: Linza
Located: Vantaa, out in the woods.
hobbies: studying environmental engineering has eaten all of my hobbies, and thermodynamics owns all of my free time. Before I started this, I enjoyed adventuring, writing, playing (viola/piano), learning random trivia about physics/chemistry/biology, and also developing offensive time travel strategies.
fave bands: Apocalyptica, David Coe & his back-up group, the Moody Blues, Children of Bodom, Carmen Grey, Flogging Molly, Bruno Pelletier and the quartet with whom he used to sing (does he still? don't know...). Ahh yes. I remember a time before calculus, when music was still an option...
Religion: I am the daughter of Earth and Starry Heaven.
Smoker: No.
drinker: Wine with dinner. Otherwise, no. Acid reflux is a bitch.
additional info: Olives belong on salads, not on pizzas. Life is a series of long waits between cups of coffee. True happiness exists when all your physical necessities can fit in one backpack, and you never have to spend more than an hour lay-over at Heathrow.

I used to live in the USA, so I still plug Finnish bands when I'm there to visit. Thought I could stop in and help.

Say hello. :)

Hi Linza! Good to see you. I remember you posting either on the the old OSA board and/or on the NW board a few years ago. At the time you were located in TX or AZ, right?

Also, you seem to have made real your plans about studying in Finland. Good for You! Environmental engineering isn't a bad choice; along the growing awareness of people there should be more and more jobs in that area in the near future.