Grand Morbid Resurrection 2018

MadTinus

Language enthusiast
May 7, 2002
Utrecht, Netherlands
www.facebook.com
So, the band is in the studio recording a new album. Thoughts, expectations?

I for one was somewhat surprised to read the news. Was not sure if there would ever be a new album, given the last album's title. Anyway, nice, hope it will be better than the last, cause to me it was not so great.

I had a rant about it in the offtopic thread but basically I have low expectations as long as Nick is fronting the band. Last album I went in with blind optimism thinking he had some unused vocal chops I just had not heard, and I was quite disappointed that he kind of ruined otherwise cool songs.

This time I have accepted he has no dynamics or range, and it probably won't be that great unless they rotate some good guest vocalists in.

Just as Belac I have already complained, so summary of my rant:

Nick sucked on Bloodbath album, sounded much better with heavy mastering on PL. I dont like the rotten sound and I know Fathomless Mastery and Breeding Death are not coming back.
Also mentioned that if next album sucks I will fucking prove that anyone can do a better vocal job than them nowadays.

Eh, wasnt a huge fan of him, or maybe I just didnt like the album. Still probably better than Nick though. Would prefer Swano on vocals.

So, the band is in the studio recording a new album. Thoughts, expectations?

I for one was somewhat surprised to read the news. Was not sure if there would ever be a new album, given the last album's title. Anyway, nice, hope it will be better than the last, cause to me it was not so great.

My first thought when Katatonia announced that they would take a break was a new BB-album, but I didnt expect it so I was still surprised.
I have low expectations though. GMF sucks and it is absolutely not only because of the weird mix and Nicks vocals.

They have Tomas Åkvik from Lik as live guitarist now, I guess they could make him a full time member, he has an amazing growl. But there is no way that they will kick Nick, maybe they will do a duo? :)

Last edited:
I would actually probably dig it more than the last one.

New Bloodbath album is apparently called "The Arrow of Satan is Drawn", and will be released October 25th.

Sexy photo:
39442989_10156566689089699_8741686326417424384_n.jpg

Sexy album cover (?):
37488397_10156566681559699_7044489742674558976_n.jpg

Reactions: (The bass player)
I hope to god the title is a self-aware joke. Ffs, please don't have blackened sound.

They have to justify Nick's shitty vocals "Oh no, but this album is supposed to sound shitty, Nick did a great job"

The cover is first thing that doesnt suck about this album.

But i'd rather hear a clip than see band photos.

Lately there've been a few albums with this sort of classicism emulating artworks, I like them a lot. The last 2 albums of Hate Eternal come to mind. I think they're all done by the same dude.