Has anyone seen Testament on their current 2012 tour?

wolves202

New Metal Member
Jul 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Cuz me and my bro have, it was sick!

They are currently touring with Athrax and Death Angel. Testament, by far, blew away everyone else and did a better show than Anthrax and Death Angel at the show here in Montreal.

Saw them on 10/3 @ portland maine's state theater,testament's sound was way too bass heavy but they crushed!!!Nice treat taking in eric's solos:worship:

Rise Up
The New Order
The Preacher
Native Blood
True American Hate
More Than Meets the Eye
Dark Roots of Earth
Into the Pit
Practice What You Preach
Over the Wall
D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
3 Days in Darkness

Damn, that's the most predictable setlist one could imagine. Still, I can't wait to hear the new tracks live in a month or so.

They really need to add some "LOW"era material in there that's for sure!!!:devil:

I was at the Metropolis show in Montreal. They were spectacular. I'm not a huge Anthrax fan but I really enjoyed their set as well.

I can't wait for Testament to come back here already!

Killer performance

Rise Up / The New Order / The Preacher

Club Metropolis - Montreal

Last edited by a moderator:
Rise Up
The New Order
The Preacher
Native Blood
True American Hate
More Than Meets the Eye
Dark Roots of Earth
Into the Pit
Practice What You Preach
Over the Wall
D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
3 Days in Darkness

I would really go insane if they skipped the songs that we were able to hear at every tour for the last couple of years such as New Order, Preacher, Into the Pit, Practice, Over the Wall, DNR and 3 Days and instead played:

Throne of Thorns \m/ (can't imagine why the best song on the album is not being played live)
Last Stand for Independence
Riding the Snake (they played it on couple of occassion a year or two ago - my fav Testament riff \m/)
...... or some songs that were originaly recorded with Gene on Demonic - like f.e. devastating Murky Waters.

Would have some more songs on my wish list but I guess I am gonna set the separate topic when the EuroTour will be coming closer ... maybe Eric the Almighty will look at them with understanding :Spin:

I was just about to ask whether you'll consider going abroad to witness more shows with a setlist like or not, Darek.

Throne of Thorns seems like the most popular song on the album. Hopefully it won't end up becoming another Killing Season or F.E.A.R. in terms of live performance frequency.

Are you sure about Riding the Snake being played live in the last couple of years? Has it been recorded? As for the changes in the setlist - I started some polls about it, but to little attention (I guess most people still want a greatest hits set every time):

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/testament/828962-correct-what-songs-should-added-setlist-1-3-a.html
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/testament/828963-correct-what-songs-should-added-setlist-2-3-a.html
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/testament/828965-correct-what-songs-should-added-setlist-3-3-a.html

I wish Testament would consider playing some of these songs live more often.

Legions In Hiding (one of my all time favorite songs)
The Burning Times (with Gene Hoglan on drums)
Time is Coming (awesome song...don't understand why it never gets played)
Down for Life or Eyes of Wrath (killer songs)
Face in The Sky or Falling Fast!!!

I've heard the tickets sale for the upcoming tour in Europe has been put on hold. Is the tour subject to being postponed for some reason?

I wish Testament would consider playing some of these songs live more often.

Legions In Hiding (one of my all time favorite songs)
The Burning Times (with Gene Hoglan on drums)
Time is Coming (awesome song...don't understand why it never gets played)
Down for Life or Eyes of Wrath (killer songs)
Face in The Sky or Falling Fast!!!
KILLER! :hotjump: