Highlights of the year - 2017 edition

the_fiend

Dan Swano Fanboy
Apr 22, 2008
Singapore
With the new Morbid Angel album finally out and terrible, and no other major releases scheduled this year (that I know of)... it's time for top-10/20/74632867 lists for 2017.

Highlights (In no particular order after the top 2) :
Immolation - Atonement
Mors Principium Est - Embers of a Dying World
Dying Fetus - Wrong one to fuck with
Cellar Darling - This is the sound
God Dethroned - The World Ablaze
Undergang - Misantropologi
Trivium - The Sin And The Sentence (yes, I will be forfeiting my metal card on my way out)
Cold Insight - Further Nowhere (a bit cheat-y because the pre-production album released in 2013).

Nearly there :

Pain of Salvation - In the Passing Light of Day
Moonspell - 1755
Kreator - Gods of Violence
Suffocation - Of the dark light
Paradise Lost - Medusa (It grew on me a little bit since my first listen, but still not highlight worthy)

Discovery of the year (Not released in 2017 but I found them this year):
King - Reclaim the Darkness (2016 album, so I wasn't so far behind)
Adora Vivos - Toward the Empyrean (2013 album)

Last edited:
Oh, that reminds me that I meant to check out Immolation. Maybe it won't suck :)

Reposting my highlights in proper thread, although it's not metal, there is plenty of tracks with heavy guitars:

Persona 5 OST
Nier: Automata OST
Attack on Titan Season 2 OST

Dissapointment of the year:
New Wintersun. After the mistake which was Time mix and mastering, to which even Jari admitted he released yet another album that sounds too polished and orchestrations are still way too loud over guitars. Pair this with the fact, that this album wants to be wannabe black + death metal, it's just gay metal.

Immolation kicked ass this time :kickass: Outstanding album.

Just listened to Immolation in perfect conditions - walking dark street in rainy weather.

Didnt hate it, didnt love it. Failed to remember good riff that would stuck in my head, vocals were monotonous (but I guess its Immolation so). But didnt feel forced to change the playlist so I guess it was "okay".

Orden Ogan - Gunmen
Ne Obliviscaris - Urn
Veil of Maya - False Idol
Trivium - The Sin and the Sentence
Unleash the Archers - Apex
Dragonforce - Reaching Into Infinity
Thy Art is Murder - Dear Desolation
Immolation - Atonement

those are kickass albums i will fuk u up b0i

Last edited:
My faggot-o-scanner is of the charts, BDSM, gay bands, anuses wtf has this forum become!

Have some real music retards:

Last edited:
Lol look who’s talking about faggotry then posts the gayest weeaboo shit of them all! :lol:

This one theme > all of dragonforce and unleash tracks combined.

And sorry, nothing is more gay than music video made my UtA, general of the dark army or whatever that was called. Even yaoi and yuri chinese cartoon wouldnt be as gay at this MV

that theme makes me think of prettyboy faggots with twinkly eyes jerking each other off in a flower garden i bet you love that shit